• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Infraction/Felony/Limitless owners

supersavage

Anyone running Max 6 1650kv in there Infraction? It fit in my Kraton with stock mount but its not fitting in the infraction, motor just touches the mount so it wont slide in. Is it safe to run a spacer to get it in?

22 minutes ago, Logie said:

Anyone running Max 6 1650kv in there Infraction? It fit in my Kraton with stock mount but its not fitting in the infraction, motor just touches the mount so it wont slide in. Is it safe to run a spacer to get it in?

You need to remove the screw I'm pointing at and cut the bit of plastic down. You can put the screw back in after you've fitted the motor just don't over tighten it because it now won't have as much plastic to screw into.

iWNIykf.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Redback said:

They do look pretty radical! Reminds me of when i used to sticker the underside of skateboards.

I think it's a nice splash of colour on an otherwise dull underside. 😎 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

I think it's a nice splash of colour on an otherwise dull underside. 😎 

Indeed, at first i didnt see the point but they are growing on me.
Also you get to see something nice when you have to recover the car from a rollover lol.

• Haha 2

On 18/10/2020 at 14:15, supersavage said:

Thought I'd paint the rear wing as I had some paint lying around last night and the took it out earlier for its first proper run 😀

bcIIrqw.jpg

jwKJW0x.jpg

beatifull car, i like the silver better than the blue/black

camera man had hardwork film this very fast car.  hahaha

great

On 03/04/2021 at 11:28, Logie said:

I RUN the 4985 spektrum firma 8s 1250kv motor and max6 esc on 8s

its a beast, fits perfect, firma motor dont have fins, it dont scratch the chassie either.

It has 1mm clear under, for air to move on.

here is my movie when i drive this monster

Limitless 8s  This is one great motor,  fast and strong, price only 120bucks, and you can run it safe 8s,  i blow my hobbywing 4985 with 8s after 6runs

i have already drive more than 20times with the firma 4985 motor, it is standard in 1/5 Kraton 8s this motor, thats why it is so brutal

I higly rekommend this Spektrum 1250kv 8s 4985 motor with Max6 esc like i have, and go 8s have huge pinion like 34t the traxxas speedcar xo1 pinion mod1 if you use spool

and 28-29t with 46t center diff TEKNO got great m1 pinions 25-30t

INSANE 🙂

Edited by m-racing

38 minutes ago, m-racing said:

Are these good quality? will it eliminate scratches? and sit there ? is the stock glue strong on these? GMBALLASTIC

I would say yes they are good quality as the coloured print is very good and it actually feels quite thick. 

I've literally only just fitted mine though so cannot tell you how well it will hold up over time.

My Limitless suspension as a speed runner is set up using limiters in the shocks so the chassis cannot touch the floor anyway so the only way it will get scratches/marks is from stones or maybe dips in a road or if I crash it. Hopefully it will stand up to that and tbh I think any protector on the chassis is going to be  better than no protector on the chassis. 😉 

Stock adhesive/glue seemed strong enough to me, ....again time will tell though. 

Love the dogs 😍 (cars are nice too lol)

They don't need that level of a road as they are more capable than they look you just have to accept that the chassis and more likely the front splitter is going to take some abuse and is worth getting a couple of spares. So get out and drive them lol

If you haven't already have a look here for some nice shiny bits to get for them https://scorchedparts.co.uk/ this place is also worth having a look at https://customrcupgrades.com/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Love the dogs 😍 (cars are nice too lol)

They don't need that level of a road as they are more capable than they look you just have to accept that the chassis and more likely the front splitter is going to take some abuse and is worth getting a couple of spares. So get out and drive them lol

If you haven't already have a look here for some nice shiny bits to get for them https://scorchedparts.co.uk/ this place is also worth having a look at https://customrcupgrades.com/

thanks I’ll take a look . I did get them both out last weekend , there is a local F1 auto centre in Sittingbourne that has a nice car park , but these things are so quick you can only hit full throttle for about a second !

My two Frenchies love my RC cars , I also have a Xmaxx, Kraton 6s and Typhon 6s and they chase them at the park which is hilarious !

• Like 2

Just got my felony today. What kind of discharge rate are folks using? Is 50C ok for normal bashing and perhaps the occasional show-off-speed-test ? Or should i pony up for the 100C?

2 hours ago, jimbulsara said:

Just got my felony today. What kind of discharge rate are folks using? Is 50C ok for normal bashing and perhaps the occasional show-off-speed-test ? Or should i pony up for the 100C?

"C" ratings are imho always a little off and quite often embellished so I'd always go for the best/highest "C" rating you can (even if just for bashing). :good: 

• Like 1

Just changed the 25t pinion on my Infraction to a 20t, I'm hoping that'll be able to find a middle ground with temps that will be happy if I want to go mad and try 8s. I will probably end up running GRPs instead hoons which I believe are a slightly smaller than the hoons so that might help as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, supersavage said:

Just changed the 25t pinion on my Infraction to a 20t, I'm hoping that'll be able to find a middle ground with temps that will be happy if I want to go mad and try 8s. I will probably end up running GRPs instead hoons which I believe are a slightly smaller than the hoons so that might help as well. 

The GRP's are smaller than the Dboots Hoons but we're talking 98mm diameter versus 100mm, ...it really isn't a lot of difference in the rolling radius. 

Have you got a fan on the motor? 
If you're car park bashing it might help bring the temperature down a little more. 

• Like 1

I don't have a fan on the motor yet and ideally I'd prefer not to run one but I think with the scorched fenders fitted I'll probably have to. I need to do some testing as I want to try putting a couple more holes in the body as well to help create a bit more air flow through it.

• Like 1

Guys, i need to ask because im really looking to buy the limitless.

How do you keep motor & Esc temps within limits with such aggressive gearing on the Limitless?

I think its a 34T spur  with 27T pin   Ratio  1:26, unless im mistaken.

surely temps would be sky high after a couple passes.

Any info, or feedback from the Limitless owners is much appreciated.

I'm looking at the limitless with either the MMX 8S  + 1100KV   or with Speky 160A firma + 1250kv    My intention is to blast+Cruise with this car 🙂   Not just speed run

Any feedback is appreciated.