• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

Blimey, that's impressive. 

People slated KM for cloning, but they did address issues, including a full nylon Baja. Looks like Corally are keen to supply cars with as few weaknesses as possible. 

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Yes, the front and centre rear are available in alloy, the outer rears and front tower brace you can add carbon reinforcing plates to them. There are also carbon plates available for the arms 👍 

Corally have identified a few weaknesses that they are addressing at the mo and will be issuing a upgrade kit in due course, it’s nothing crazy though, there will be thicker arms, some people are bending cvds due to excess flexing, thicker steering turnbuckles, a beefed up wing/wheelie bar mount (Kronos doesn’t have this as stock) and a beefed up Ackerman plate for the steering, ohh and a revised servo. They have said if you break any of these parts they will issue them as warranty replacement parts straightaway if available 👍 

thats really good seems they are making effort to be making good cars better :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Let's face it, the market was wide open for someone to do it. Everyone else just seemed content to sit back and carry on charging high prices for same old products and mediocre customer service, etc. Good on them.

If I didnt have my ST I would  be purchasing one. Not sure if it would be worth the switch though. Watching with interest on how Corallys presence shakes things up.

• Like 1

Nuts arrived and don’t fit, I asked on a owners group what the thread pitch was and I was told “Arrma nuts fit” and these supposedly fit Arrma...... 

Anyway got a bit of bling today 

B091495-E-3-DED-455-E-B934-9-A5-BB1-E2-F

841-D518-C-1-FE5-4884-8-C05-3-A4004-C82-

On 22/06/2020 at 16:37, .AJ. said:

First upgrade ordered..... 

991465-EC-1233-4-CC1-826-C-94-E9-E9-F2-E

The stock nut are pretty rubbish, they aren’t even serrated..... 

This has also stung someone on the Arrma groups, those nuts have the Traxxas thread. Tekno and Arrma is different.

I have a bunch of really simple red closed ones here, if you want something cheap and basic... been meaning to list them on ebay.

• Like 1

Found these they are 1.25 pitch

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/0/rc-car-products/422966

or these 1 mm pitch

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/nuts/rc-car-categories/9970/998090&MSAttributeID[77]=1594&ManufacturerID=1359&MSAttributeID[54]=996

got the Hobby Tech for my Hyper VSe as Hobao have changed the thread pitch of 1.25 for Hyper 7 to 1mm for VSe 🍻

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Found these they are 1.25 pitch

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/0/rc-car-products/422966

or these 1 mm pitch

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/nuts/rc-car-categories/9970/998090&MSAttributeID[77]=1594&ManufacturerID=1359&MSAttributeID[54]=996

got the Hobby Tech for my Hyper VSe as Hobao have changed the thread pitch of 1.25 for Hyper 7 to 1mm for VSe 🍻

Ive been told they are 1mm 👍 

24 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

This has also stung someone on the Arrma groups, those nuts have the Traxxas thread. Tekno and Arrma is different.

I have a bunch of really simple red closed ones here, if you want something cheap and basic... been meaning to list them on ebay.

PM a pic and a price pls mate 👍 

The hobby tech 1's are an orangy red and if Pauls Wheel nuts falls through i think would suit Kronos nicely 🍻

really had to think how to word that 1 lol 🤣

• Haha 1

Those wheel nuts are quite good but I did need to use blue locktite on them with my ST. Without the locktite I had the unpleasant experience of watching a wheel fly off mid full throttle leading to more cartwheels than my brain could keep up with counting 😲

• Like 1

So I was looking through my spares and i found this servo I that had completely forgotten about......

BF0041-BD-61-CC-4357-9-BB0-AD3-EF77-EA45

@CarlC gave it to me few months ago, the specs are spot on for a Truggy, I’m not sure about the colour clash though 😂

https://www.rcmart.com/blue-bird-high-voltage-7-4v-coreless-digital-servo-w-titanium-alloy-gear-35-5kg-14sec-74g-bms-35a-00064120

• Like 1

Wheel nuts and wing washers arrived 

DEB49880-0594-482-A-A9-EC-7487-F7273763.

F30068-A7-FC4-B-422-A-8-BB5-0-DE0-F2-AAC

Also some longer bolts for the bumpers arrived, it’s all ready to run now, I’ll probably take it into work Thursday, the cottage we are renovating at the moment has nice large garden 👍 

• Like 2