• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Armma Krayton 6s v5 imminent release???

Hi everyone,

I want to start by providing a little bit of background. I am completely new to the world of RC and up until a few weeks ago I was not considering this as a hobby, only because I haven't been exposed to it. I had not heard of Arrma, Traxxas or any other brand. Then around two weeks ago I randomly came across this video which sparked my interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmS7hKnmaOs

In that video the speed of the Mojave was impressive and triggered me to explore RC cars further. I have since watched a shed load of videos from a whole bunch of channels  and read many posts on multiple forums (including this one).  I have concluded that I'm purchasing  my first RC car, which will be an Arrma Krayton 6s. 

Whilst doing my research I looked at many of the retailers (mainly Modelsport) for prices and availability. Up until last week they had the Krayton 6s in stock but now it has sold out, not just from Modelsport but from everywhere. Modelsport and some other sites state that stock is due in early June.

I noticed that youtube videos of krayton 6s v4 were released March/April 2019 and that got my curiosity going....

Will the stock arriving early June be the Krayton 6S v5?

Have Krayton or other models completely sold out everywhere in the past? Or is everyone buying RC cars to keep them entertained during the lockdown period?

Also, any thoughts on pricing of the new stock. Do prices tend to go up when new stock or new versions arrive? Modelsport currently sell the Karyton 6s for £469 but the RRP is £509.99

Any thought from more experienced members are highly appreciated.

Edited by DanteBlitz

Hi mate,

I have seen some self proclaimed "insiders" claiming they know there is a V5 on the way, including more "roller" versions of different models, but nothing official. Even if there is, I would expect an iteration rather than an all new car.

I bought what was probably a refurbished V3 Kraton last year due to not being impressed with the changes in the V4 (and it was a good price).

Low stock is largely due to the global situation affecting shipping, plus everyone playing with cars in their gardens and local areas. I've certainly noticed a boom in activity for the hobby.

I'd expect release price to be around the current RRP.

Manufacturers do indeed allow old stock to clear first, had that with my Summit years back. 

However, it's harder to tell at the moment due to the virus. 

5 minutes ago, mond said:

I know from a shop owner that everywhere is out of stock because people are buying them up faster than ever. There's no Arrma stock for any of their models in the UK. 

even Horizon only has the Kraton8S in stock assumption the 2nd batch shipment of the v1.5 

32 minutes ago, r4nd0m said:

even Horizon only has the Kraton8S in stock assumption the 2nd batch shipment of the v1.5 

Who wants a V1 of that turd? 😂

56 minutes ago, Tug said:

Who wants a V1 of that turd? 😂

you probably misunderstood what I meant to say - the v1 batch wasn't sold out to my knowledge and the v1.5 apparently aren't in Europe yet - so either they meanwhile have arrived and thats why there is stock but all other models seem to have left even their warehouse 

27 minutes ago, r4nd0m said:

you probably misunderstood what I meant to say - the v1 batch wasn't sold out to my knowledge and the v1.5 apparently aren't in Europe yet - so either they meanwhile have arrived and thats why there is stock but all other models seem to have left even their warehouse 

I was just having a laugh at Arrmas expense given how weak the chassis is and how quickly they've had to upgrade it, ie the V1 ain't selling. 

46 minutes ago, Tug said:

I was just having a laugh at Arrmas expense given how weak the chassis is and how quickly they've had to upgrade it, ie the V1 ain't selling. 

There's 1 8S left in stock in the UK, so it's one person away from being sold out. 

35 minutes ago, mond said:

There's 1 8S left in stock in the UK, so it's one person away from being sold out. 

hm I found 3 already - Modelsport and Wheelspin ... didnt even look further but I think there are more available in the UK

2 minutes ago, r4nd0m said:

hm I found 3 already - Modelsport and Wheelspin ... didnt even look further but I think there are more available in the UK

AFAIK Logic has 1. That's from someone asking Logic themselves. 

RC world went into overdrive as soon as Britain was locked down.
Old project s were dusted off and spares ordered, people bought themselves and loved ones a new treat to deal with the boredom and all just as international shipping fell apart and only vital supplies were being transported.
Net result,nothing’s out there.
Sucks.
I’d take up fishing, but we’re not allowed that respite.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...

To the OP - Why not pick up a used V3/4 Kraton with batteries and some essential upgrades? They usually come in around £300-350. Plenty come up on FB.

You'll spend double that on a new one and you might not even like the hobby once you're in it. At least a used one doesn't depreciate massively if you sell it again.

Personally I'd start with something a bit smaller, cheaper and slower and build up some driving skills first along with some working knowledge of the electrics and mechanicals.

Sent from my MIX2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, namastebuzz said:

To the OP - Why not pick up a used V3/4 Kraton with batteries and some essential upgrades? They usually come in around £300-350. Plenty come up on FB.

You'll spend double that on a new one and you might not even like the hobby once you're in it. At least a used one doesn't depreciate massively if you sell it again.

Personally I'd start with something a bit smaller, cheaper and slower and build up some driving skills first along with some working knowledge of the electrics and mechanicals.

Thanks for the advice. Ill consider it. I was reluctant to by used as i wont know what abuse its previously taken and i dont have the experience to know what signs to look for in terms of damage and abuse.

I was first considering a new krayton 4s but my logic is to spend that little bit extra on the 6s.

Ive budgeted for batteries, charger nd new remote.

Thanks for the advice. Ill consider it. I was reluctant to by used as i wont know what abuse its previously taken and i dont have the experience to know what signs to look for in terms of damage and abuse.

I was first considering a new krayton 4s but my logic is to spend that little bit extra on the 6s.

Ive budgeted for batteries, charger nd new remote.
I had that same reluctance before I bought mine (new - even I I'm pretty sure it was refurbed) but there is a lot of people shipping them on after only using them a few times on Facebook and there is a decent bunch of lads to help.

Yeah fair enough. You're right, buying used has unknown variables. If you buy from prominent members of forums or FB groups you can often track the ownership history of the car via their postings and get a good idea of how they look after and improve their RCs.

There are several people on here and on the Arrma Owners FB group I'd buy off without hesitation as I've followed their postings and often been the recipient of friendly and helpful advice from them.

But hey! A large part of the hobby is also choosing and buying your car and if you want to start with a brand new one then you get exactly what you want and you get to customise it how you want so that's all good too.

You'll have fun either way...... [emoji16]