• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

With the throttle trim in the middle on your Transmitter.

Turn the Transmitter on with the ESC off.

Hold the small set button on the ESC

Turn on the ESC Power so it beeps constantly.

PRESS the set button again. In the video above you HELD the set button again, what happens if you press it.

Edited by Kpowell911

Don't hold the button down, press and release as you turn the ESC on. 

Then press again. 

Then full throttle and press again. 

Then full reverse and press again. 

Finished. 

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

With the throttle trim in the middle on your Transmitter.

Turn the Transmitter on with the ESC off.

Hold the small set button on the ESC

Turn on the ESC Power so it beeps constantly.

PRESS the set button again. In the video above you HELD the set button again, what happens if you press it.

So the transmitter is set up with 100% Throttle/Steering and both trims set to be in the middle (neutral) the rest is what I did in the video.
If I just press the set it just turns off the beeping and the LED.

It won't bind the controller at all, I have tried that and followed the instructions in the manual, I don't think it will do this until I can get the ESC back into LiPo mode but I am at a loss how you are supposed to do that as as you can see nothing happens.  If I could just get that LED back to green I would be a happy man 😞

Edit: I have e-mailed Reedy Product Support and linked the video, will see what they say

Edited by ridfrenzy

On 22/02/2023 at 18:18, DannyP said:

Helis are the best part of Rc I've ventured into. Been a good few years since I've flown so basically starting from scratch again. They are awesome fun though.

The straps are just about long enough, could do with getting longer ones really.

There is that track behind BMW and Knightswood. Knightswood is great but really feel like we shouldn't be there. Especially when there is loads of us.

The old freespace is pretty much abandoned. There is only half pipe and a little box left in the skate park section. Track is overgrown but you can still launch the cars over the jumps. I did post a video of doing a few jumps there. Think it was in this thread. I'll bump the old Southampton Bashers thread and post in there where we are going and when over the weekends. :good:

I look at servos but just cannot choose one. Loads of brands I've not seen before. I'll have to do some research.

I'm am really loving this little truck. It has taken everything I have thrown at it so far. Stock arms and hinge pins still in good shape. Got RPM's ready to go on, probably end up fitting those before I break a stock ones :lol:

Edit: Just scrolled up and saw the pictures I posted. I really need to tidy the cables. Looks dreadful.

Ah nice! Yeah I've ordered some RPM front arms but maybe won't need them for a while! Are you tempted for one of the banggood special servos? They look pretty good for the money.

That's a real shame about Freespace, used to be a pretty cool place! I'm sure there are some really good spots hidden away, just got to find them I guess 😂

Knightwood is a tricky one for me mate, I don't think I could get away with it because  I  race BMX there and they get well over the top about RC cars being on the track! I don't really get the issue, all it needs is a quick brush over and there is no damage.  Check out the messages from a couple of weeks ago 😅

Screenshot_20230222-213340.png

Edited by dtokez

2 hours ago, DannyP said:

High powered? Wasn't us 🙃 

Will try get over Marchwood for a look this weekend.

Hmm... I can't put a cheap servo next to that combo, that would be sacrilege 😁

haha yeah right 🤣

Sweet mate, let me know how its looking!

Nah you're right it wouldn't be fair on the rest of the build 😄

11 hours ago, dtokez said:

they get well over the top about RC cars being on the track!

Where’s this I’m tempted to go there for a bash? lol

Also you’d think they’d appreciate the removal of the dangerous gravel from the track 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

• Haha 1

Been eyeing up the V2. Looks like it'll be back in stock tomorrow. 

I can tell that this new version has a different shell and a slightly different chassis, but just wondered if anybody knew about any other changes on top of that?

From what i've read & the videos i've watched the V1 MT10 is a brilliant RC and very durable, so I would be quite happy if there aren't any major changes.

Cheers

I'm certain the real "changes" are limited to just the different body. The other changes I've noticed are the removal of the moulded side guard and exhausts on the chassis and are just cosmetic.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2023 at 20:56, James.S said:

Been eyeing up the V2. Looks like it'll be back in stock tomorrow. 

I can tell that this new version has a different shell and a slightly different chassis, but just wondered if anybody knew about any other changes on top of that?

From what i've read & the videos i've watched the V1 MT10 is a brilliant RC and very durable, so I would be quite happy if there aren't any major changes.

Cheers

the only changes are the shell and they've taken off the skid/ bash steps off the sides of the chassis, but the v2 is slower than the v1

• Like 1

@Kpowell911 @froggy8 Yes I can see what you mean! I think I actually prefer the V1 shell so I might get one as a spare for when this one gets a bit tired.

Just given it a little shake down run. Goes very well on 3s! It's a bit of a wheelie machine but very controllable and handles well on grass & tarmac. True test will be my local dirt jumps when I get some time to make a trip there. Quite sandy there so I quite like the fact it comes with a dust cover.

20230305_181228.thumb.jpg.e9d162d4a23983e21313954d88d97115.jpg

20230305_181333.thumb.jpg.75f79d75f30810f47a2f62d07017bc1b.jpg

20230305_181410.thumb.jpg.542c98c84fd351b1eca07d1b05602d72.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy the truck. I do like that new body style.

In my opinion... Don't be tempted by the steel CVDs upgrade. I found the drive cups ended up wrecked really fast. For the price of the whole CVD kit, if you break the plastic ones just replace like for like. I'd be interested to know if anyone else had better luck?

(I've never broken a plastic one tbf.)

I've heard good things about the upgraded shocks. But to be fair the stock ones are still fine for me. I don't bash TOO abusively but I don't baby it, either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Looks like I burnt out my servo and need to replace, been doing a bit of reading but not entirely sure what servo I should be gunning for, can anyone recommend one?  From what I read a 15kg one will do but I am more wondering if anyone has a brand preference.  I was gonna go for one from banggood but I think impatience might get the better of me and will order one from bezos 😄 but none of the ones on amazon look particularly great?

1 hour ago, ridfrenzy said:

Hi All,

Looks like I burnt out my servo and need to replace, been doing a bit of reading but not entirely sure what servo I should be gunning for, can anyone recommend one?  From what I read a 15kg one will do but I am more wondering if anyone has a brand preference.  I was gonna go for one from banggood but I think impatience might get the better of me and will order one from bezos 😄 but none of the ones on amazon look particularly great?

Whats your budget?

On 05/03/2023 at 18:47, psyklone6 said:

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy the truck. I do like that new body style.

In my opinion... Don't be tempted by the steel CVDs upgrade. I found the drive cups ended up wrecked really fast. For the price of the whole CVD kit, if you break the plastic ones just replace like for like. I'd be interested to know if anyone else had better luck?

(I've never broken a plastic one tbf.)

I've heard good things about the upgraded shocks. But to be fair the stock ones are still fine for me. I don't bash TOO abusively but I don't baby it, either.

I've got the alloy upgraded shocks on mine and apart from the fact that they look cool, I would say it handles landings better with them fitted...

• Like 1