• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Primal rc 1/5 49cc truck teaser

Fly In My Soup

All the solid axle trucks have a higher COG, so they're definitely more prone to rolling over. Crap tyres and suspension tuning will help, but then you'll lose out on traction, but who cares? It's for bashing, not racing. 

• Like 1

Did that say; "geared for speed"? Very uninspiring. 

However, as the vid progressed it definitely improved, looked like something that's gonna take some attention to drive and keep on its wheels. It ain't no fireball, but looks the part. 

I think the low speed is actually way cooler than the high speed tbh. It's surprisingly good at crawling. Also the features video shows you why the price tag is so damn high. The thing has so much raw material in the drive line and chassis. 6mm tvps and the axles are super beef. 

It has reverse as well which is really cool. 

The only thing I was disappointed with is that it doesn't come with 4 wheel steering, but at least you can add it yourself and it all just bolts on :D makes the udr and super baja/rock reys look toy grade. Even a losi 5t would look pathetic next to this! 

• Like 1

It did mention in one part when describing the Tx, that there's capacity for 'tagging on extras'.

Something that big should have decent stability, which isn't easy with some 4WS conversions I've seen, and created.

It would be nice 'though!!

Price is high, but that was to be expected. Considering the amount of 'real estate', and in comparison to some of the 'conversions' many of us have made in the last 10 years, it doesn't sound THAT expensive ...

Who's going to be the importers / sellers in UK?

Is there even enough of a market here?

Whilst we're as nuts as anyone for R/C, we just don't have the room that other countries, USA included, have.

Al.

It looks far too top heavy for the width and wheel base. I'm all for scale MTs, in fact if it's not got a solid axle, it's not an MT but this doesn't do it for me.  Would I like one? Yeah, a fun novelty, would I buy one? Probably not. For that price, import and shipping fees I can buy a Hilux Surf, get a lift kit and make my own monster truck.

• Like 1

also the full specs are on the website now

https://www.primalrc.com/raminator-monster-truck/

Features

Feature
Description
Skill Level
Advanced
Speed
30+ MPH
Engine
49cc 2-Stroke Reed-valve Engine
Transmission
Single Speed with Remote Reverse Feature
Differential Type
Front and Rear Bevel Gear Differential
Brake
Front & Rear Single Disc Mounted Driveshaft Mounted Manual Disc Brakes
Drive System
All Steel Gears with double chain transfer case drive
Steering
Steering Dual Servo with HD Aluminum Servo Saver
Radio
2.4 GHz 6-Channel FlySky Digital Radio
Edited by Jumper

sooo......

$2700 ....and probably, by the time it would hit a UK retailer, probably going to be north of £2000.

For that you get a truck that took 2 people to lift out of a pickup bed, that could barely manage a donut on gravel without rolling over and couldn't kick up the dirt when the throttle was buried. It looked slow and it looked like they had real trouble on flat turns and were really going easy. Handled like my Savage used to before I sorted the shocks.

I liked how the suspension articulated over the bumps, and how it rode on the rough...but then they charged up the hill...and it looked...slow again.

Yes...it's big and impressive....but when you stand back from it....you lose all that.

What I see is something too big, too heavy and whether it was going fast or not...it looked slow. I saw no dirt roosters, and more grip than power. I would want a 4 stroke motor with a deeper tone and even then....I don;t see why I would ever want to buy one even if I did have a spare pile of cash sitting there doing nothing.

Nope. Fail in my book. RC Spruce Goose syndrome

2 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

sooo......

$2700 ....and probably, by the time it would hit a UK retailer, probably going to be north of £2000.

For that you get a truck that took 2 people to lift out of a pickup bed, that could barely manage a donut on gravel without rolling over and couldn't kick up the dirt when the throttle was buried. It looked slow and it looked like they had real trouble on flat turns and were really going easy. Handled like my Savage used to before I sorted the shocks.

I liked how the suspension articulated over the bumps, and how it rode on the rough...but then they charged up the hill...and it looked...slow again.

Yes...it's big and impressive....but when you stand back from it....you lose all that.

What I see is something too big, too heavy and whether it was going fast or not...it looked slow. I saw no dirt roosters, and more grip than power. I would want a 4 stroke motor with a deeper tone and even then....I don;t see why I would ever want to buy one even if I did have a spare pile of cash sitting there doing nothing.

Nope. Fail in my book. RC Spruce Goose syndrome

by the time you add vat and import tax its over £3000 never mind 2000 :P 

I think this would be a lot of fun terrorising the Bashfest oval, it won't be able to keep up with the other cars on there but you'd be able to drive over anyone that got in your way....though you probably wouldn't be the most popular person there lol

Edited by supersavage
  • Haha 1

Six horses? Underpowered? Much? With that much weight to lug around, would the drive-train handle much more power?

Really liked the second vid, handled the rock crawling really well. Definitely lacked speed on the flat, but looked fun all the same. 

How would it handle a proper crash?

5 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

sooo......

Probably want to look at the trajectory of the pound. By the time it's here it will on parity. 

• Like 1