• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Why the hate for Traxxas?

PH001

3 hours ago, tomzac66 said:

My name is Tom and I own 3 Traxxas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

My name is Adrian and I own 6 traxxas trucks, soon to be 8. ??

4 hours ago, QRC said:

I own three Traxxas products so far, just can’t stop buying them....??

Is this like an AA meeting?

"Its been 6 weeks since I bought my last traxxas".... Group claps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Truly surprised to see anyone refer to Traxxas products as quality! In fact I'd go as far as to say that the term "Traxxas quality" is an oxymoron! 

I've said it before and will say it again, Traxxas produce some great drives! However, they're weak as kittens, I've owned enough to know! 

Yes, the X-Maxx can take some abuse, but it has its flaws, piddly bearings in key areas to name but one. 

They produce vehicles with character, but no backbone. I've yet to own a Traxxas that didn't require third party support! 

And yes, their business practices are deplorable! You'd think they were based in China, not the US, with their patent shenanigans!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Truly surprised to see anyone refer to Traxxas products as quality! In fact I'd go as far as to say that the term "Traxxas quality" is an oxymoron! 

I've said it before and will say it again, Traxxas produce some great drives! However, they're weak as kittens, I've owned enough to know! 

Yes, the X-Maxx can take some abuse, but it has its flaws, piddly bearings in key areas to name but one. 

They produce vehicles with character, but no backbone. I've yet to own a Traxxas that didn't require third party support! 

And yes, their business practices are deplorable! You'd think they were based in China, not the US, with their patent shenanigans!

The Trx4 is the exception to the rule, I too have owned a fair few Traxxas trucks and overall they seem to fit the bill so to speak.

yes there is weak spots, but curing them is easy enough with that 3rd party support. So not a big issue when buying a Traxxas.

8 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Well....if their good enough for hrh

Prince-Harry-Traxxas-RC-TRX-4.jpg

Exactly, looks like it’s the Jaguar/Land Rover stand. 

Good choice for such a application, very much doubt the Rc4wd version would last any longer than the Trx4.

1 hour ago, Tug said:

What VW did was incredible AND deplorable, how they thought they'd ever get away with that is anyone's guess! I'm not sure I'd compare that to the Traxxas book of tricks though. 

Why not? It was “deplorable” conduct as you say, now I’ve heard that also said about Traxxas business practices.

as I say, it’s MY personal choice to buy a Traxxas product, if it’s something that fits in better than anything else at the time of buying, why cut my nose off to spite my face by buying something else. Now that’s something that I can’t get my head round....

life is too short to argue pros and cons about a hobby, too much real world crap that deserves that mind set.

this is supposed to be a escape, not more crap.

thats me done....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

as I say, it’s MY personal choice to buy a Traxxas product, if it’s something that fits in better than anything else at the time of buying, why cut my nose off to spite my face by buying something else. Now that’s something that I can’t get my head round....

And that, as has been said before, is why Traxxas is still doing what it’s doing. It relies on like minded people to keep buying their products. If you are happy to support immoral, unethical, bullish companies that bankrupt the competition and call it progress, thinking that the industry is better for it then, as you say, that is your choice, keep buying. ?

I dont want to buy any more traxxas rc's atm just sell the ones I dont use, the only problems are finding out what it now isnt worth and that I cant be bothered to list all the upgrades ??

That's the thing though, they've always retained value better than most other RC's out there, so generally you'll get good money for the ones you have.  This is of course a by-product of their success/popularity, which shows no real sign of waning, even taking into account their crusade to rid the hobby of any viable competitors, and thereby kill it in the process.  Sigh... Bit of a 'first world' problem, but sad nonetheless.

It’s sad when multi-nationals feel the need to ground others into the dust.

It’s ruining the hobby for some which I can empathise with, as a relative newbie to cars I’m thinking I should have researched a bit more before buying, but I thought I’d covered all the bases, build quality availability of parts supply support.

I genuinely new nothing of the bully tactics, now I’m informed my choice may differ slightly, as Traxxas are good and predictable when you’ve ironed out the weaknesses but they soon become a little boring and not very challenging, in fact I would say a weakness is they’ve made it far to easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, QRC said:

You can’t beat a bit of global domination by Traxxas, makes the competition wake up and smell the coffee.....Improve your product or make way....?

The irony is Traxxas had to wake up and improve their products. The same tired old range from the last 15 years didn't cut it, so they released the Xmaxx, TRX4 and the UDR. That's Traxxas adjusting to the market, not the market reacting to them.

People keep saying that Traxxas are helping to kill the hobby, But I have always said that the hobby is healthy, It's just that us over here seem to confine ourselves to our own little bubble, Ask for a car recommendation, And your always get back the some old answers, Been going on for years, Throw good money at a Traxxas to make it reliable, That's OK, Throw less  money at a cheaper car to make it reliable, Now that's not OK.

We'er blinkered, We always have been, Shops will stock and sell us the stuff we will buy, Shelf and warehouse space is expensive,  Redcat has always had a bad rep, Even tho it's never really been available over here, So why now, There has been a bit of turmoil in the hobby of late, So not so much Why now, But why not before, Why is Modelsport  only now stocking a Redcat kit, They have always had the buying power and connections to do it, Maybe we can look at the problems going on in the hobby as a positive and not a negative, maybe we will see a bit more variety in the hobby with shops having to look past the usual subjects.