• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Modelsport removed all arrma RC's from they're website?

tanveer

Having a quick browse at the Modelsport website yesterday and noticed all the Arrma rc's have been removed and are no longer available. Could it be something to do with horizon hobby?

Edited by tanveer

18 minutes ago, 300bhp/ton said:

Just noticed this too. The Rage RC truck I was eyeing up has also gone and I’d swear the manufacturer list on the filter looks shorter too. 

Wonder what is happening?

just noticed, hobbywing motor and esc combos have gone disappeared from the website too

Edited by tanveer

I do wish Modelsport would get over their apparent spat with Horizon. It is starting to seem a bit like one of those cut-off-nose-to-spite-face situations. 

22 minutes ago, tanveer said:

just noticed, hobbywing motor and esc combos have gone disappeared from the website too

Intriguing.  HW esc's are still listed.

55 minutes ago, tanveer said:

Having a quick browse at the Modelsport website yesterday and noticed all the Arrma rc's have been removed and are no longer available. Could it be something to do with horizon hobby?

Have Horizon bought Hobbico then?  I heard they we're trying to.  

They did have website issues a few weeks ago, they had to remove all Core RC paints and add them again because the coding was wrong, so personally I wouldn’t read too much into it at the moment...

24 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

They did have website issues a few weeks ago, they had to remove all Core RC paints and add them again because the coding was wrong, so personally I wouldn’t read too much into it at the moment...

But when you put it together with Horizon bidding for Hobbico, it does seem its going the same way as Losi?

36 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Tell you what, how about asking MS themselves, they reply pretty quick when asked questions on FB 

Why when we can speculate on a forum? Much easier ;) haha. Plus its Easter Weekend 

2 hours ago, Tug said:

It's not a spat, Horizon decided on a shortlist of 70 outlets in the UK, random luck of the draw was used to decide who would make the list. 

Being previously working in an rc store for my dad (closed down now because of finacial issues) Horizion was quite popular with our surrounding area for 1/10th rc's and quad parts mainly, we didnt get on that list and lost about 80% of our customers kind of forcing us to close... it was ridiculous

Horizon is at this point the stalking horse bidder (special deal for the first bidder and sets the reserve for everyone else) and only for some of the assets but that does include Arrma and Axial. The sale is not final until the 6th of April so there won't be any action taken by anybody before then.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2018-03-24/horizon-hobby-agrees-make-188m-bid-hobbico-units.html

We believe this transaction, if completed, will further strengthen Horizon's position as the market-leader in the RC industry," Horizon Hobby President and CEO Joe Ambrose said in a statement. "Horizon and Hobbico have served many of the same retailers and customers for years. Upon completion of this transaction, Horizon will work to provide a smooth transition within the industry."

Hobbico filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January with the goal of finding a buyer.

"Acquiring and incorporating Hobbico's RC business with Horizon allows us to further strengthen our organization so that we are well-positioned to grow and meet the future needs of retailers and customers," Ambrose said. "It is unfortunate that Hobbico's financial position forced it to seek bankruptcy protection, but this transaction will result in a strong organization with the resources to expand and prosper."

If completed, Horizon will be buying Hobbico's Great Planes and Tower Hobbies divisions, as well as brands including Axial and Arrma. Hobbico had been asking for at least $22 million for these companies.

The purchase won't include Estes, United Model, Revell US or Revell Germany.

Additionally, "Horizon will not be assuming any of Hobbico's debts or other liabilities in this transaction," Ambrose said.

Following the auction, where Horizon would be the stalking-horse bidder, the purchase would close April 6.

3 hours ago, Tug said:

It's not a spat, Horizon decided on a shortlist of 70 outlets in the UK, random luck of the draw was used to decide who would make the list. 

Ive saw you post this twice, but the first time I presumed it was a joke, was it seriously Pot Luck?

4 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Tell you what, how about asking MS themselves, they reply pretty quick when asked questions on FB 

I emailed them last night asking about the Rage RC products. I assume it’s the same reason

It is April 1st....  but not sure this would count as funny. 

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Ah, so it was Horizon doing the cutting off of their nose then?

In terms of popularity and online presence, Modelsport must be one of the top 20 UK model shops, possibly higher. Horizon refusing to sell through them must be bad for their business too.

Either way, I wish they would sort it out...

That's how it was explained to me by my LHS, he was told by his Horizon rep. He didn't make the list either, previous sales counted for nowt, it was names in a hat. 

8 hours ago, Tug said:

There is no way on gods green earth this is true. Why would they risk losing all of their largest accounts because of luck of the draw? That would make absolutely no sense. 

It might be what your lhs was told but he’s a mug if he believed it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, toppers3933 said:

There is no way on gods green earth this is true. Why would they risk losing all of their largest accounts because of luck of the draw? That would make absolutely no sense. 

It might be what your lhs was told but he’s a mug if he believed it. 

Then you explain why Modelsport don't stock Horizon anymore. 

• Like 1