• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Proline Pro MT 4x4 Thread

.AJ.

Looks like it is coming on really well, and going to be a blast.

If I were you I would use a waterproof receiver and stick it to the chassis between the motor and ESC, but that is just my preference (as long as the servo lead would reach).

Is that spur gear plastic or metal? looks like plastic to me, but I feel like a model like this it would be metal.

Maybe I do need to sell all my Bullets and a few other parts to get one of these. It looks really tough and well built.

Enjoy

More than a little jealous! The lack of parts support for the 2wd these days put me off the 4x4 version even though I really wanted one!

Didnt realise they had a run in with traxxas, at least it should mean the part support for the 4x4 will last longer as it’s a bespoke design now :good:

Looks ridiculously solid in the pictures, makes my boys Stampede 4x4 look a bit toy grade in comparison (which it isn’t at all). 

Looking a forward to seeing it running!

• Thanks 1

Proline did a great job designing the bulkheads, its only 6 screws to get the rear diff out, shame about the pathetic grease they put in it......

27_C21_C1_A-492_F-435_E-_ADF8-35_E2559_D

Its the same story with the front diff, the centre takes 4 screws to remove, but it had silicone grease in it 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2018 at 14:09, .AJ. said:

It’s a completely new design, the axles and hex’s are proper 1/8th style

Any idea if they could be made to fit the 2wd,? It's the only part I manage to break often 

5 hours ago, hitman said:

Any idea if they could be made to fit the 2wd,? It's the only part I manage to break often 

They are a completely different design, so I would say there was little chance of them fitting :( 

On 11/02/2018 at 19:34, .AJ. said:

Trying to decide on a paint scheme, had a look through a few old threads and found this pic of a MTE shell I done.... One of my better paint jobs lol

77_C2_A32_A-5962-40_A5-8_FFD-_E01_E0_D28

you going for this same design for your 4x4?

If my boys new Stampede 4x4 is anything to go by your Pro MT should withstand a mental amount of abuse!

His Stampede isn’t far from stock and he beat the crap out of it at a local BMX track this afternoon. 

Looking forward to seeing a report after you get yours out for its maiden run :yes: although being brand new I don’t expect quite the same level of abuse lol

• Thanks 1