• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Proline Pro MT 4x4 Thread

.AJ.

Though I best start a thread now I own one of these little beasts, this is a open thread so any other owners/fans can join in and add pics, vids and tips etc.....

Mine arrived this morning, the box was a little worse for wear, but I’m happy to report the contents are in perfect condition 

F5_DC5788-_ED06-4_CE8-8217-_CECAE64_F279

• Like 1

Yeah, so I gather. Typical.

Riddle me this, when the time comes that I need a rear drive-shaft, rear hub, rear arm, what have you... would the 4x4 parts fit the 2WD?

I get the gearbox, slipper etc will be different, but what about replacing the entire rear arm assembly?

Hmm, the 2wd PMT has the longer protac arms, shafts and over sized rear hubs. You could change them for standard length Slash/rustler arms, shafts and hubs, but you will lose loads of offset, it’s all doable though :good:

• Like 1

Doing a quick mock up of the electrics, again for some reason Proline haven’t bothered with a RX box, I’ve got a Arrma one to fit to the front top plate tho

FCDBFDEC-1_F8_A-4_CAC-_AE61-_A6104262407

Oh and the Badland MX28 wheels set look bad asssss :good:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

I would have preferred another 2wd tbh, but Traxxas have seen fit to stop Proline making any car parts that are compatible with anything Traxxas, that’s why the 4x4 is a completely new design 

Huh? Are they gonna take aim at RPM next? 

I watched a vid of one of these recently, couldn't believe the beating it took and didn't break a single part! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Huh? Are they gonna take aim at RPM next? 

I watched a vid of one of these recently, couldn't believe the beating it took and didn't break a single part! 

You're back?!

Good to see you Clive :good:

I have to say, the layout of this is definitely better than that of the 2wd version.

The way they did the 2wd limits your ESC choice without modification.

It also really limits battery choice, again, without modification.

Not the hardest things to overcome, but still annoying, this 4wd version looks much better IMO.

I would have loved a MT410, but it’s worked out too expensive for my liking.

Theres plenty of places round here, it’s trying to keep away from the idiots that’s the problem, I go to this place a fair bit, it’s nothing crazy, but fun enough for me. I’ve never been a huge fan of skate parks and much prefer dirt :good:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Could you tell me the height / width of the mx28's please? And roughly what offset, ie hex nearer inside or outside if wheel?

68mm wide, 132mm tall and look like they are 1/2 offset 

• Thanks 1