• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's actually going on with arrma??

tanveer

Iv been waiting to buy an arrma RC now for nearly 6months. Dates on modelsport a d wheelspin models website just get pushed back everytime. Supposedly 8th of September they will be on stock. But I'm not sure whether to wait or just buy something else now....

According to ARRMA nothing - in fact they claim to be doing well.

But that said Hobbico (the owners) closed Team Durango which was ARRMA's sister brand a few days ago. This surprised virtually nobody as the brand had been slowly dying off due to lack of support, poor spares supply and general neglect. 

Take from that what you will - but given Hobbico's track record I'd be a little wary myself. 

• 6 months later...
28 minutes ago, Nickarla said:

Where are we with this whole debacle? I think the Arrma Granite looks like a heck of a lot of truck for £200 and would happily buy one but its not in stock until March and no parts listed on the MS website.

What this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arrma-Granite-Mega-1-10-2WD-Monster-Truck-RTR-Red-Black-AR102657/372218037063?epid=2256132666&hash=item56a9ec8347:g:kkgAAOSw8H1afcvl

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:38, Si Coe said:

According to ARRMA nothing - in fact they claim to be doing well.

But that said Hobbico (the owners) closed Team Durango which was ARRMA's sister brand a few days ago. This surprised virtually nobody as the brand had been slowly dying off due to lack of support, poor spares supply and general neglect. 

Take from that what you will - but given Hobbico's track record I'd be a little wary myself. 

To be honest I have no idea what to take. MS take on it is that all is well, parts are available (to order) and the Granite will be available soon. Looking at their website is less convincing with a lot of 'not stocked' spares and cars 'on order'. I think the Granite looks the best value 4x4 truck for £200 but if there are alternatives I would love to hear them.

Edited by Nickarla

46 minutes ago, Nickarla said:

To be honest I have no idea what to take. MS take on it is that all is well, parts are available (to order) and the Granite will be available soon. Looking at their website is less convincing with a lot of 'not stocked' spares and cars 'on order'. I think the Granite looks the best value 4x4 truck for £200 but if there are alternatives I would love to hear them.

For smiles, I'd probably say the HPI Wheelie King. Heard it's about the most fun RC out there!

Probably not what you're looking for, though. More of a "HPI builds a 4WD Lunch Box" than a competent monster truck! I still kind of want one.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... 2WD brushless ECX Ruckus... RWD is more fun than 4WD in an MT and the Ruckus is a beast!

I’m disappointed with this situation too. :( 

Got an Arrma Raider XL brushless on order. EST delivery date has gone from 5th March to 3rd May!!!! Come on WTF?

Bit peeved at Modelsport too as I only found out while browsing their site. No notification and no offer of would I like a refund or another item instead. Trouble is. I can’t see any alternatives not even at a higher price point!

I have a Wheelie King and its a lot more capable as a monster truck than the original 'HPI Lunchbox clone' idea might suggest. Remember HPI make a crawler based on the same chassis. The trick is to use a shorty lipo instead of a full size NiMH pack. This brings the CoG down and forward making it a lot more stable. 

They are also really tough - the only damage mine has taken apart from a wrecked shell as all down to salt corrosion from running at the beach. Turns out they float and paddle well but then all the gears and bearings rust up :( 

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARRMA-KRATON-6S-BLX-4WD-Speed-MT-1-8-RTR-GREEN-AR106015-EU-Stock/152791145447?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

thats where id get my Arrma from at the moment. Poland, they have a fair few other models in stock and only £9.50 postage

Edited by Guns

2wd is out after going out today with a 4wd Ripmax Husky minus the front dogbones (i.e. 2wd) Ok, not the same car but the difference was huge.

The HPI Wheely king is appealing but I would find it annoying wheeling up. I think the novelty would wear off quickly and I’m fortunate to have some really good off-roading landscape round me that deserves a good chassis. I appreciate that there are things that can be done to lessen the effect but it’s a shame when Arrma could produce something without the faff.

Edited by Nickarla

this was posted today on the arrma Facebook page 

Hot off the press. Grab those spare parts. 

Thanks!  We appreciate you and all our Arrma supporters!    The Kraton, Senton are on backorder for a few weeks, but the Outcast & Talion will be available for the next 2-3 weeks.

Arrma is predicting a larger backorder / short supply at the end of the month and into April on all models.

Ted.

7 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

Thanks!  We appreciate you and all our Arrma supporters!    The Kraton, Senton are on backorder for a few weeks, but the Outcast & Talion will be available for the next 2-3 weeks.

Arrma is predicting a larger backorder / short supply at the end of the month and into April on all models.

Ted.

That sounds quite negative?

1 hour ago, toppers3933 said:

With hobbico filing for bankruptcy arrma are on borrowed time unless a buyer is found. So there’s a good chance we won’t see any more regardless of what the dates say on modelsport. 

Shame. I was interested in a talion. 

They filed for protection. By all reports Arrma has a solid turn over and profit, as does Axial. I doubt either would disappear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kenny_st said:

Ted.

I suppose that could be interpreted either way.....

If its on backorder then their waiting for stock from supp!ier/manufacturer (king star)

So they've either sold their stock quicker than expected or they have an issue at king stars end

• Like 1