• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Model sport stoped sell the losi eights

Gizzlet

That is not true at all, rumour mill getting things wrong as usual.

Horizon have UK retailers that will stock Losi parts, check the dbxl-email thread page 9, post from Nige at Freeprawn, contains a link showing who the UK retailers are going forward.

Correct me if Im wrong but Horizon are now going to be selling direct to the public. They're not stopping anyone else selling their products and are not going to be any cheaper than the shops, but Modelsport (and potentially others) have decided not to continue stocking Horizon products due to this decision.

I supported a shop with every purchase only from them and a year later they still closed down. Screwed me right over not knowing where to go next being choosey on brands. Now im having to use totally wicked vape shop. Begrudgingly. So i tried once not again ill try to find a place that will stay open every day of the week and not run out at opening hours. 

Insult to injury they took £25 for a box of juice half payment and not heard from them in 3months now. I should have stuck toonline shopping. 

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Correct me if Im wrong but Horizon are now going to be selling direct to the public. They're not stopping anyone else selling their products and are not going to be any cheaper than the shops, but Modelsport (and potentially others) have decided not to continue stocking Horizon products due to this decision.

That may be true, yet has nothing at all to do with MS being dropped as a retailer, or any others that Horizon have dropped, there is more to the story than what appears on the surface......professional courtesy prevents me from publicly saying more. 

What I find interesting is that whilst Modelsport won't be supplying Losi, MB Models, Wheelspin, Apex and DMS racing will still be, so its not about larger stores with online presence.

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Hopefully it will come out.

I'm not a nosey person at all, but it would be interesting to know exactly what is going on.

As we are the people at the bottom of the chain, it'd be good to be kept somewhat in the loop.

It is unlikely, unless you know someone on the inside prepared to share. (That isn't a bluff Yorkshire man with a battery fetish,  BTW. )

That is the oxymoron of the year...;)

No reason for Joe public to be kept in any loop pertaining to private business matters, that just goes straight back to being nosey :lol:

TBH as long as we can get spares fairly priced and sent out in reasonable time I don't give a damn who sells them and who owns who or distributes through who.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Noj said:

It is unlikely, unless you know someone on the inside prepared to share. (That isn't a bluff Yorkshire man with a battery fetish,  BTW. )

No reason for Joe public to be kept in any loop pertaining to private business matters, that just goes straight back to being nosey :lol:

But if word is out and rumours are putting people off buying X brand surely it harms the brand. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, autobutcher said:

But if word is out and rumours are putting people off buying X brand surely it harms the brand. 

That's why comments like this here:

"That may be true, yet has nothing at all to do with MS being dropped as a retailer, or any others that Horizon have dropped, there is more to the story than what appears on the surface......professional courtesy prevents me from publicly saying more."

are actually really harmful. Professional courtesy would've been to not spread a rumour, period. Because that's what just happened there: now people start to guess and conspire to find out why Horizon dropped retailers, potentially being painted as bad guys. That's extremely unprofessional, to the point where i wonder if that was on purpose.

I hold it like sunny. Don't care where my parts come from, as long as can still get them.

edit: especially considering that Nige in the DBXL thread already made clear what's happening. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Noj said:

Incorrect, I'm not nosey :) I'm not interested in pub gossip.

The more information we know, the better informed we can be about what models we want and what makes us part with our hard earned... That way, people don't come up with their own version of events based on rumours.

Nige for example, came on and told us information that helped.

More need to be doing that, purely as a means of us knowing where we stand, exactly.

On 17/04/2017 at 20:42, m4inbrain said:

"That may be true, yet has nothing at all to do with MS being dropped as a retailer, or any others that Horizon have dropped, there is more to the story than what appears on the surface......professional courtesy prevents me from publicly saying more."

Sorry if this offends, But when I read comments like this, I read only one thing, 'I Know nothing about what is going on, I'm no more in the loop than anyone else, But I'm gonna make out I do so I can have some kudos over the rest of you'.

As was said above, Professional courtesy would of been to have said nothing.