• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cen Racing Reeper 1/7th monster truck !

mydoddy69

Hmmm, this is about the only recent MT since the Pro-MT I've seen that I actually really want to buy.

I've found myself justifying the crap bodyshell (which shoe goo could probably sort) and the fairly low kv motor (I'd no doubt run 4s max) and I find myself still wanting it.

Shame it'll be about £750-800 when it gets to us in the UK! :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Hmmm, this is about the only recent MT since the Pro-MT I've seen that I actually really want to buy.

I've found myself justifying the crap bodyshell (which shoe goo could probably sort) and the fairly low kv motor (I'd no doubt run 4s max) and I find myself still wanting it.

Shame it'll be about £750-800 when it gets to us in the UK! :(

£682 to your door here in the UK 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351974508977?clk_rvr_id=1164699478783&rmvSB=true&ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Ftype%3D4%26campId%3D5337439864%26toolId%3D10001%26customId%3Diyvnqlr1hn00x80000003%26mpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252F351974508977%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1164699478783&ul_noapp=true

19 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

That's from the states, I was talking about UK shops.

I wish I'd seen that yesterday though when Nectar had 7x points on, I'd have been tempted and could have got a few quid back in points to go with the £22.50 I've got saved.

Looks good. Actually looks like what i'd expect from a truck on 6s. 

Tires seem decent, not much ballooning on backflips - but i can't stand the rattling body. It rattles like a toy car, needs to be sorted. Other than that, jumps nicely, plenty of power, no traction rolls. Seems like a good truck. He mentioned that not just ESC and Motor got hot, but everything did. Can, ESC, batteries, leads. All hot, but didn't have a temp gun.

Decided not to get one without UK distributor though.

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

If you take it's skin off and compare to the Maxx it's really quite small 

9461C980-E2B1-4CCD-9574-29D1697FA5C2_zps

for some reason I thought it would look bigger 

The wheelbase is actually almost the same, the X is wider. Gaining length through a longer bumper is not really important. That being said, the reeper doesn't need to be as beefy because it only weighs half of the X. 

I agree, it looks flimsy next to the X, but i wouldn't read too much into it, quite possible (and my opinion) that mechanically it at least has the potential to be tougher. The X is just very.. american.

• Like 3

On 10/02/2017 at 19:06, Guns said:

My 5th Scale Savage Flux vs My Xmaxx for reference.

CA04B051-AD64-450F-A18E-C5D98562DBEE_zpsB048B942-FF4C-4536-842F-3BF6FD9DCB0B_zps

To me the savage here is no different looking wise to the Cen with its shell off which is why i think the savage would be the better buy as it has a massive following and support to back it up .. You could in fact slap on some x maxx wheels and a shell and wham bam you got a savage reeper lol 

30 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

To me the savage here is no different looking wise to the Cen with its shell off which is why i think the savage would be the better buy as it has a massive following and support to back it up .. You could in fact slap on some x maxx wheels and a shell and wham bam you got a savage reeper lol 

Try and find Savage parts at the mo though mate...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I had an XL'd savage flux and it used to eat diff pinions every weekend, I am tempted to get the CEN I must admit.