• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck 1/10th

.AJ.

45 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I suppose that's over 100 mph scale speed, so 'about right' in reality, but scarily SLOW.

Within a Monster Jam type environment, with scale-type jumps, etc., it might look good.

Slower than a Tamiya - that takes some doing!!

Al.

back in the day that was the con

a model would say 50mph then when you tried it,it would go at walking pace, then you checked the box again and in small print it said "scale speed"

you know it's not acceptable it's that slow the chap is laughing!!

scale speed is just wrong (I've been a very upset child at Christmas in the past)

on the plus side my x01 does 700mph ?

• Like 3

Hold on a minute. Is this an XO1, or a Hyper GT? 12th Scale Pan car? No. It's a Wraith based MT. Ok, it's not the fastest rig on the planet but it doesn't need to be. It needs to be fun, and that's what it seems to be. Don't like it don't buy it. Simples.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Hold on a minute. Is this an XO1, or a Hyper GT? 12th Scale Pan car? No. It's a Wraith based MT. Ok, it's not the fastest rig on the planet but it doesn't need to be. It needs to be fun, and that's what it seems to be. Don't like it don't buy it. Simples.

I do agree, I'm just on one about the scale speed!! I was gutted back in the day when I had a 30mph 1/18 scale and I could walk faster! :ack:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

So who's going to be first to put a 1/8 brushless system in to one and have it doing standing backflips like a savage!

Those plastic transmission gears will love that.

6 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

back in the day that was the con

a model would say 50mph then when you tried it,it would go at walking pace, then you checked the box again and in small print it said "scale speed"

you know it's not acceptable it's that slow the chap is laughing!!

scale speed is just wrong (I've been a very upset child at Christmas in the past)

on the plus side my x01 does 700mph ?

I remember them toys.  i felt very let down a few times

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Lol, 

if if its not traxxas haters it's axial haters.......

pre ordered mine, could go 11mph or 111mph, it looks fantastic and from the promo video does exactly pretty much the same thing as the real one.

a little fiddling with gearing and such will soon see a increase in speed.

and let us not forget, NO Rc is perfect from the box, if it was there would be no aftermarket manufacturers and hop ups.

so all this arguing is kinda moot.

Mine is also on pre order.  Looks amazing. 

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Lol, 

if if its not traxxas haters it's axial haters.......

pre ordered mine, could go 11mph or 111mph, it looks fantastic and from the promo video does exactly pretty much the same thing as the real one.

a little fiddling with gearing and such will soon see a increase in speed.

and let us not forget, NO Rc is perfect from the box, if it was there would be no aftermarket manufacturers and hop ups.

so all this arguing is kinda moot.

As an Axial expert, do you think it will be possible to get 20-25mph out of this, reliably?

Because that is what I would be searching for.

Edited by Praet0r87

15 minutes ago, Praet0r87 said:

As an Axial expert, do you think it will be possible to get 20-25mph out of this, reliably?

Because that is what I would be searching for.

Yes in a word, if the axles are the same internally as the bomber kit there ready for more power.

i would say, new driveshafts to handle the extra power, maybe new internal gears for the gearbox too then a case of playing with gearing......

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tug said:

Stripped gears at the end? 

Definitely looked better BL. 

I would say it looks that way!

5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I'd stay with 2S.

3S looked like a handful - and truck-wrecker!!

Al.

Yeah, I would be left slightly wanting, with the 5700kv 2s, but WAAAAAY overkill on 3s! Just doesn't work!

Maybe try a lower KV and 3s? I know that the Sidewinder combo comes with a 4600kv motor (have one in my Pro-MT), so 4600KV 3s?

1406 4600 is a great motor, but the 1410 3800 kV is a beast - using the 5 mm shaft latter, with a Mamba Max Pro in my MERV and it doesn't get warm - 3S and stupid gearing!!

OK, it does a bit, but considering the gearing and I was testing it in grass, it was impressive.

With 'sensible' gearing, I think 3S on the Max Pro / 3800 1410 would be nice - gear for 25-30 mph tops.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

I'm guessing, but if he can get the 1406 (36 x 49 mm) in there, you might be able to get the 1410 (36 x 53 mm) in there.

Perhaps not.

It'd be great - never met such power from such a (relatively) small package!!

Al.

On 21/08/2016 at 11:20, sean-vrs said:

I know you don't buy this for speed but.....if this was a traxxas offering it would get slated!!

11mph? Honestly? Is this an April fool? I get speed isn't everything especially in this sort of thing, but that must have took a hell of a lot of effort to make it that slow. They must have actually tried and gone out of their way to slow it down? Was that on 2s or 3s?

Words actually fail me. If Traxxas did this the comments would be hilarious.

£350+ and it does 11mph? I'm genuinely impressed they've had the balls to release this! Is that green Chassis Plastic as well? What the actual?!

Edited by Guns

A tamiya Tiger I tank all in was the best part of £800 and that won't break 8 mph ... but I still like it, for 5 minutes.

It would be the same with this if I got an Axial GD.

I always end up with the FG MT and have a laugh for an hour .... seems to say something!

I'm trying to re-educate myself in getting a larger scale electric - X-Maxx,  but I know where I'll end up!

Back to Axial. Been said earlier, seems like the CC Sidewinder3 /1406 fits. I'd recommend going 1 stage higher - Mamba Max Pro / 1410 5 mm 3800 kV.

I would gear it to 25-30 mph. It's more capable, but similar to the Tamiya Juggernaut, which mine tops out at 25 mph.

More scale means more appreciation, but once speed is added, accidents and breakages are still guaranteed!!

Al.

12 hours ago, atom3624 said:

A tamiya Tiger I tank all in was the best part of £800 and that won't break 8 mph ... but I still like it, for 5 minutes.

It would be the same with this if I got an Axial GD.

I always end up with the FG MT and have a laugh for an hour .... seems to say something!

I'm trying to re-educate myself in getting a larger scale electric - X-Maxx,  but I know where I'll end up!

Back to Axial. Been said earlier, seems like the CC Sidewinder3 /1406 fits. I'd recommend going 1 stage higher - Mamba Max Pro / 1410 5 mm 3800 kV.

I would gear it to 25-30 mph. It's more capable, but similar to the Tamiya Juggernaut, which mine tops out at 25 mph.

More scale means more appreciation, but once speed is added, accidents and breakages are still guaranteed!!

Al.

Should have got the Leopard 2 if you wanted a speed machine :p. 

• Like 1