• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

17 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Should be more of those IMO, for other models and ESCs too.

We're in a world where anything is 3D printable and we still stick tens of thousands of pounds worth of ESCs down with a bit of sticky foam.

Tens of thousands? What?

i think this is still stuck down with foam tape. Its just a mount that allows the Max 5 to fit higher up in the chassis. The Max 5 doesnt fit without alot of messing.

Edit: requires a zip tie to secure the esc. 

Edited by Guns

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Tens of thousands? What?

i think this is still stuck down with foam tape. Its just a mount that allows the Max 5 to fit higher up in the chassis. The Max 5 doesnt fit without alot of messing

Well, I assume that in all of the brushless side of the hobby, there is more than likely tens of thousands of pounds worth of ESCs in total.

Unless that isn't what you weren't sure about?

I'm sure it could be screwed down somehow, which you can't do with just an ESC case, well, I suppose you could, but you'd have holes in the case, which not many want to do.

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Well, I assume that in all of the brushless side of the hobby, there is more than likely tens of thousands of pounds worth of ESCs in total.

Unless that isn't what you weren't sure about?

I'm sure it could be screwed down somehow, which you can't do with just an ESC case, well, I suppose you could, but you'd have holes in the case, which not many want to do.

Just wondered why you grouped together every single brushless esc ever sold instead of saying ‘cant believe we still stick £150 ESC’s down with foam tape’ lol. Seemed a very bizarre way to word it?

Only thing that could work is a 3d printed clamp type like you used to get on an ERevo. I still used tape aswell with that mind.

Edited by Guns

6 minutes ago, Guns said:

Just wondered why you grouped together every single brushless esc ever sold instead of saying ‘cant believe we still stick £150 ESC’s down with foam tape’ lol. Seemed a very bizarre way to word it?

Only thing that could work is a 3d printed clamp type like you used to get on an ERevo. I still used tape aswell with that mind.

Not bizzare at all, think about it, out of all of them in use, how many are stuck down with sticky foam?

They aren't all £150 though, so it was a general comment, not a particular one about the Max5.

I think out of the thousands sold, someone with a 3D printer would have come up with something, but so far I'm yet to find one.

I think you possibly misunderstood my first comment a little bit.

29 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Not bizzare at all, think about it, out of all of them in use, how many are stuck down with sticky foam?

They aren't all £150 though, so it was a general comment, not a particular one about the Max5.

I think out of the thousands sold, someone with a 3D printer would have come up with something, but so far I'm yet to find one.

I think you possibly misunderstood my first comment a little bit.

Just seemed a very strange way of putting it tome thats all. No misunderstanding :)

So have just bought a hobbywing max 6 for my xmaxx 8s.

Just a quick question.

Have done the recalibration fine.

All ok.

Do i need to do anything else like set low voltage cut off? Or is it all pre set?

Thanks in advance. 

The LVC on HW ESC's have a reputation for being very conservative, ie set LVC to 3.2v per cell and it'll go into LVC at about 3.8v per cell etc. So you'll probably need to set it using trial and error.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, James1986 said:

The LVC on HW ESC's have a reputation for being very conservative, ie set LVC to 3.2v per cell and it'll go into LVC at about 3.8v per cell etc. So you'll probably need to set it using trial and error.

Thanks.

So you saying its already pre set at 3.2v

Ie i don't need to do anything to it? But if i want different i need to change it.

Have ordered that programme card.

Whats the best set up for LVC? 

2 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

Thanks.

So you saying its already pre set at 3.2v

Ie i don't need to do anything to it? But if i want different i need to change it.

Have ordered that programme card.

Whats the best set up for LVC? 

They're different now, LVC now has low, moderate and high cut-off points. It should be on moderate from the factory, run alarms for a couple of runs to determine what suits your lipos. There's a full description in your manual. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching some videos on these and all i can say is wow what a machine. The punishment they seem to be able to take is unreal!

Was dead set on a lost DBXL-E eventually but this has really got my attention, could easily  be tempted into one of these instead.

They are great trucks, have had one for over a year !!. 

Apart from the truck some decent 4s lipos and charger, change the body to an Rcmaniacs or Proline, finally swap out the tyres for Proline as well.  :rc_car:

My X Maxx post bash this afternoon, had a coming together with a barn door and even with some damage did not give up......

How an X Maxx should look....

The barn door won.....

Only the lower arm damaged, drive shaft is not straight, will be after a go in the vice, part ordered from MS. :D

Could not resist another shot of the shell, concrete burns......

How an Rcmaniacs X Maxx shell should look !!.??

Edited by QRC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, QRC said:

Are they really worth twice the price of These, I know there a bit bigger and a little higher burst rate, But you can get 4 of the Turnigy for the 2 nano-tech.

176448_9067000280-0.jpg

1 hour ago, babylon said:

Are they really worth twice the price of These, I know there a bit bigger and a little higher burst rate, But you can get 4 of the Turnigy for the 2 nano-tech.

176448_9067000280-0.jpg

Oh yes, but if you are on a budget, Turnigy will do the job. :D

Sorry to ask so many silly questions but QRC could you enlighten me please? I need some more 4S lips really and I just wondered if you could clarify in a bit more detail why the nanotech were worth double the standard turnigy?

or do I just stick with the Gens Ace? although they are £75 a go.