• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

Poor maintenance I'd say.... I had my slash 4x4 completely submerged in muddy puddles several times and with minimal care I had no rust issues.... Some people just don't give a dam

Back to these apparent leaking shockers. I noticed on a few unboxing clips on u tube  that the front is cable tied down from factory. 

Could this be a factor in them leaking from new until they bed in???

But it's only the front what is tied down i think .   Putting 2 and 2 together here and probably coming up with ten no doubt. Just a thought. 

Edited by Ady 2215

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

Poor maintenance I'd say.... I had my slash 4x4 completely submerged in muddy puddles several times and with minimal care I had no rust issues.... Some people just don't give a dam

From what I can work out, this Xmaxx is 3 weeks old

Shock shafts - where the cut is for the thread, its about half the diameter of the main shaft - no real surprise when asked to give too much it snapped - better that, than snapping arms, etc.

Shock caps?

Is this possibly somebody trying to create a market for himself? Just a thought.

Again, in view of the shock mounting - compare with the front shock mount options of the Baja for example - I would prefer a shock cap to go than the rest of the chassis.

Al.