• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

Even though I am not a biker, I prefer leather jackets. Keep the style of classics. To me, bikers wear leather, businessmen T-shirts and jeans, and royals and gentlemen tuxedos just like here: Gentleman's Guru. I get it that there is more comfortable clothing, but there is a general expectation of the biking style. I guess it comes from the biking cult: big men with beards and tattoos, aggressive behavior, and low voice. When they enter, everybody in the bar starts making less noize. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Edited by Mirrah

The problem with leather is if you do come off then you're going to slide 60ft down the road, and possibly into oncoming traffic. Textile or kevlar is best.

5 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

I’m motorcycle free right now but really missing it, maybe again sometime soon - last bike was an SV650, nothing crazily exciting but fun enough and reliable as a hammer - utterly mad for V twins ✌️

Big v twins, i so wanted a Honda shadow VT 1100 could never find one at right money

looking at this pic it brings to mind the saying     "beware of expensive american imitations"

ca3f8277c56fe44ea456f3aba1ab10f9.jpg

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 1

Thje only thing I hated about the big SV motor was the awful hassle to change the plugs.... on the SV, I had to drop the front rad, remove the oil cooler and brackets...and I could do the front plug. Then...tank off, seat off, heat shielding out...and I could do the rear one. A routine oil, folter and plug swap that should be an afternoon job became a weekend job draining and refilling the rad ( hoses would not let it clear ), emptying hte oil out and removing hte oil cooler...doing the plugs, swapping the filter...reassembling and then refilling the oil. Probably cost several hundred in labour for a simple service. But riding it...the engine is a real world beauty.

The V-strom uses a slightly softer tuned version, which means even more torque

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a fun little 20 or so mile ride out on the new bike this morning. Really happy with it and I could of easily spent the whole day out on it. Though probably just as well I didn't as my number plate nearly fell off. Need to have a look and see if I have any bolts and nylock nuts to replace the plastic ones otherwise I'll just use some cable ties as temporary fix. 

On 27/07/2021 at 21:26, Nitroholic said:

use metal bolts on the number plate...and it will crack.

Plastic ones should hold just fine if done up properly. Don;t overtighten, though, as it's easy to strip the plastic.

Oh ok I'll keep an on the ones I used and if I need to I'll use the plastic ones that are holding my L plate on. Then just use some cable ties to hold the L plate until I can get more plastic ones.

In other news I had a bit of brain fart and dropped it yesterday. Luckily no real damage other than a couple of tiny scratches in the brake lever and foot peg. It was one of those ones where the bike started to go and got to a point I couldn't get it back up so had to lay it down. But as I said other than a couple of tiny scratches it's perfectly fine.

• 2 weeks later...

All this motorcycle talk has contributed to my decision to dig out the old leathers and get myself another ride.  Will need another helmet though as after trying my (fairly) old Vemar on again, I was left with a barnet full of degraded foam...  Any suggestions for a decent full face lid?  Will be a for a trail bike, but don't fancy open face lids. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my mates is desperate for more biker mates so he spent 3 hours yesterday teaching me bike and clutch control on his 6mo Royal Enfield Himalayan. My partners old neighbour is a farmer and he let us use one of his fields (Wet grass lol). He even came up and had a quick ride himself. 

I now have a lid and a jacket (need to slim down) so after a few more sessions on the Himmy I'll be going for the CBT. 

Watch this space..................................................................................................................................

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

One of my mates is desperate for more biker mates so he spent 3 hours yesterday teaching me bike and clutch control on his 6mo Royal Enfield Himalayan. My partners old neighbour is a farmer and he let us use one of his fields (Wet grass lol). He even came up and had a quick ride himself. 

I now have a lid and a jacket (need to slim down) so after a few more sessions on the Himmy I'll be going for the CBT. 

Watch this space..................................................................................................................................

How did you find the bike?  I quite fancy one of those

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

How did you find the bike?  I quite fancy one of those

It's a cracking machine. So easy to ride.  I recommend a test ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered an Arai Tour X4 as my lid is getting on a bit, plus I wanted something quieter (at least I hope it's quieter than my current one) also wanted something newer as I plan on hopefully doing my license next year. Also wanted something more suitable for my current style of bike and hopefully some sort of Adventure bike after I've done my test.

• Like 1

3 weeks Blackpool honda have had my bike and after really bad customer service seems they are managing to fix my bike at the end of this week. That's is if it's what they think it is and it hasn't been the gearbox eating itself. 

Absolute joke not to mention if I had a way to get it back I'd have done it myself as they will not Warrent the Warrenty of the bike. 

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Had an eventful little ride earlier, it had everything Road works, Cows, oblivious old people in their hybrid SUV's, more cows with little cows and more road works.

That is just how it goes sometimes unfortunately, but I wouldn't say your ride had everything... I think it was missing the only two things that are worse than what you listed...

tractors.... and cyclists 

😋

• Haha 1