• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Now this is LARGE Scale

Pistonhead

A few of you may have seen 1/3 1/3 (yup 1/3 scale) a few months ago, well now it's nearing a production after the final prototype has just been completed according to Mammuth Works facebook page.

4091380da6b4af7c1be8dbe82f6af1c1.jpg

d9fccbb6ee7742e6176c06c97d84705b.jpg

12ef9c5ae6f84b59e8ba06e3a82219e4.jpg

http://mammuthworks.com/cars/mammuth-rewarron/

A few quick specs.

Base model price $5500 with the top spec one coming in at $15k plus shipping and vat

Trailing arm rear suspension with independent front

Hydraulic disk brakes on all models, with the base model having a single transmission brake and the higher specced ones having four wheel independent braking

Weight 80kg

Engines ranging from 270cc to 460cc, all are four stroke single cylinder

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

Have any been sold?

Famous last question, but its getting increasingly difficult to use Largescale 2-stroke powered rigs, but just where could you reasonably routinely use one of these?

Is there a 'milk float' option?

Al.

If I was going to spend this much money on an RC, it would be a largescale tank.... not one of these.

Nowhere to run it, no way to transport it. I suppose if you are rich enough to buy one, you can afford to live in the country and own enough land to run it on.

Noj has a new project to contemplate  :thumbsup:

Ha ha!

Ugly, too short, too slow, handles like a pig, needs two to right it when it falls over, impractical and just not suited for a BL conversion...

I'm with NH on this, a tank for the money feels right... ;)

If I was going to spend this much money on an RC, it would be a largescale tank.... not one of these.

Nowhere to run it, no way to transport it. I suppose if you are rich enough to buy one, you can afford to live in the country and own enough land to run it on.

Completely agree,

• Like 2

Originally though this did start off as a private project some years ago, when they started it, it wasn't destined to be put into production.

I just don't really think it has a point myself... The chassis would be awesome to buy a slip a Conley V8 in there, then at least you've got good power and the noise of a monster truck.

As it sits, it's exacly as Mr Noj described.... Doesn't seem to have a place.

How big is that fuel tank ? 

hmmmmm entry to the mint 400 maybe, world record for the longest traveled 1/3rd scale gasser

where this beast should live is on the back end of the trailer with your 1:1 trophy / trick truck.

and its enviroment i would be planting that in arizona and the likes , its not for the uk but the USA its ideal 

If you were loaded and lived in the countryside, had your own track, karting track, etc., you would wouldn't you? !!

Wonder if they could be converted to 'midget single seaters' ..... !!

Al.

• 1 month later...