• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So what rc are you getting or fancy next?

Gaz!

2 hours ago, jayfrs said:

Really wanting an X Maxx but going to sit tight for a while I wanna see what conversions come out because it needs to run on at least 8s maybe 12s if poss as its a big unit! 

It's only the same size as the old 2WD FG MT and 2/3 weight.

8S will be 'very interesting' I reckon - driveshafts will be pushed to the limit, as will diffs.

12S is WOTT - I like it!! Should totally nuke the truck!

Al.

I am currently waiting for one of the little Orlandoo 1/35 crawler trucks to land from the far east :)

Weather so wet and soggy, it's going to be weeks before I get back out with anything RC, so I figured I could do with an indoor RC. Tried faster things indoors, and my house just isn't big enough.

So I figured I would go slow :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayfrs said:

Really wanting an X Maxx but going to sit tight for a while I wanna see what conversions come out because it needs to run on at least 8s maybe 12s if poss as its a big unit! 

A converted Baja (a sizeable 'unit') runs perfectly fine on 7s, and has a much meatier drivetrain to cope with the power, the X is likely to self destruct with such a high cell count.

Still the X for me, another project is waiting in the wings, but the X will be first.

something small to use the 1.18 brushless setup ive had new in a box for years, not sure what maybe a rc18t2 kit.

and i really really fancy a baja but would like brushless so looking 2nd hand one for a project

On 12 December 2015 at 11:40:09, Noj said:

A converted Baja (a sizeable 'unit') runs perfectly fine on 7s, and has a much meatier drivetrain to cope with the power, the X is likely to self destruct with such a high cell count.

Still the X for me, another project is waiting in the wings, but the X will be first.

This is very true but I can't help but add more power to anything I have RC lol

I'm seriously considering the Axial RR10 Bomber.

Selling up all my current rc's as I don't have time to race, and I was going to get a Vaterra Ascender as I really enjoy scale trailing.

Now looking at the RR10 Bomber, great for crawling and trailing, and if you upgrade to a 2 speed gearbox you get some extra wheel speed, I would keep it brushed for full waterproof experience. I don't want a super fast RC, had those and I prefer the more technical trailing experience.

Decisions decisions, got some stuff to sell first anyway.

5 hours ago, wiggles said:

something small to use the 1.18 brushless setup ive had new in a box for years, not sure what maybe a rc18t2 kit.

and i really really fancy a baja but would like brushless so looking 2nd hand one for a project

Well that escalated quickly...

IMG_20151213_221433.jpg

• Like 1

Orlandoo hunter 1/35 £35 from asiatees. 

I thought more would have them by now but it seems standard is the only way.  If you go on youtube and type in "1/24 D90 chassis instalation" You'll see a one off creation by I think the orlandoo maker. It looks brilliant. I hope he brings more stuff out. 

Hi Guys 

Was looking at the pile of parts i have which once was a Baja 5b with a dead engine, the plan is to do an electric conversion some time but for now i have decided I'm going to get a HPI blitz flux, I'm itching to buy 1 wanted 1 for ages but think i will have to wait until after xmas now

11 minutes ago, daymo said:

Hi Guys 

Was looking at the pile of parts i have which once was a Baja 5b with a dead engine, the plan is to do an electric conversion some time but for now i have decided I'm going to get a HPI blitz flux, I'm itching to buy 1 wanted 1 for ages but think i will have to wait until after xmas now

Fun drive, but eats spurs because of poor castings for the slipper assembly. A Calandra slipper fixes that and you're off! 

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Fun drive, but eats spurs because of poor castings for the slipper assembly. A Calandra slipper fixes that and you're off! 

thanks for the tip i will google & save link for future reference, I'm very tempted to order 1 as a present to my self