• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

3 minutes ago, KC59 said:

had 3 pistols in my possession in accordance with my licence, then the firearms legislation changed and I had to surrender them

What did you have?  

Out of interest how did the amnesty work, especially as guns had legitimate value - not black market value - you paid actual money to buy them and I bet they weren’t cheap, was there any compensation at all?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

What did you have?  

Out of interest how did the amnesty work, especially as guns had legitimate value - not black market value - you paid actual money to buy them and I bet they weren’t cheap, was there any compensation at all?

I had a Smith & Wesson model 19 6inch barrel .357/.38 special revolver, Smith & Wesson model 39-2 9mm semi-automatic pistol and a lovely little Beretta mod 84 .380/9mm short semi-automatic pistol.

As far as compensation was concerned, it was peanuts, more just a bounty for handing them in. I can't remember what I paid for the S&W model 39-2 but for the S&W model 19 I paid £195 at the Dunmore Shooting Centre and £250 for the Beretta, I still have the magazines for both the semi-auto's, the receipt for the revolver and the owners manual for the S&W model 39-2 and the receipt from the Police officer when they took them away. 😒

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Scope now at a height where I can actually see out of it and the eye relief has been set 

AC3-B8-C09-F299-4-A45-B521-105-B4894-E44

573-B2-E33-F700-4138-802-F-1-EB21945993-

23-D92-F2-B-E87-C-41-A4-A66-B-7-C5052973

I’ve also  picked up a cheap bipod off Amazon and it’s decent for £16, I’m not a fan of shooting bag, having pretty long forearms (I’m 6’7”)  I can’t get the front of the rifle high enough on a bag 

• Like 1

Thinking of getting back into target shooting.  But will need to get into shape  as sitting on a cushion in the woods is a no no at the moment. 

then next issue is what to get.

Finished testing with the chrono and have settled on a 225bar fill and then 4 mags/56 shots before the FPS drops away and needs filling. I picked up a 7L bottle over the weekend and that will give around 29 fills or 1624 shots before I have to refill it at £7 😂😂😂

8639-F397-5-A6-C-4-EE3-B26-C-E69939-F539

Also picked up a nicer Bipod, a Leaper UTG Recon 360, the Amazon one was just a bit too cheap and nasty for my liking…..

EEADC62-C-1-BA1-45-AA-A767-E93-FEB79-E76

Ignore the camo tape, it’s just there to protect against the Chrono rubbing on the shroud 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Finished testing with the chrono and have settled on a 225bar fill and then 4 mags/56 shots before the FPS drops away and needs filling. I picked up a 7L bottle over the weekend and that will give around 29 fills or 1624 shots before I have to refill it at £7 😂😂😂

8639-F397-5-A6-C-4-EE3-B26-C-E69939-F539

Also picked up a nicer Bipod, a Leaper UTG Recon 360, the Amazon one was just a bit too cheap and nasty for my liking…..

EEADC62-C-1-BA1-45-AA-A767-E93-FEB79-E76

Ignore the camo tape, it’s just there to protect against the Chrono rubbing on the shroud 

What tape? 

• Haha 1

melee.gif.773384fc721d1e9c13bbf98447641ddb.gif

I like a bit of airsoft, really loved playing in the ww2 tunnels in the dark so intense!

Anyone know a good place to sell off old kit, I got a Tippman M4 HPA i need to shift to free up some funds as have been made redunant recently and its the only thing really worth anything, the full auto version before they were no longer sold here. So dont want to part with it for anything less than whats its worth. Seems like onsite / word of mouth is the only way to get rid of them and even then its super limited on contacts / people looking 😞

Also picked up long ago a webley .22 underleaver things a beast bought as an investment, figured it would hold its value

P1000507.thumb.JPG.1730f27172e13c2e97cbfb053ef9d7eb.JPG
Also had a really nice bsa .22 break barrel that i sold for far to little and then the police raided his house and found active bren guns and grenades so that got destroyed.
So picked up a .177 for plinking and made a new stock for it.

unknown.thumb.png.bf544269e03ac6972ac5623c2b2c832a.png

Edited by Redback
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be big time into Air rifle shooting, had shooting/vermin rights on 170 acre farm doing pest control and getting bunnies for the pot, had lots of rifles mainly HW germans, learnt to tune them nicely, not so much for power more for smooth consistency though i did get an HW35 to 26foot pounds once

i started out at a local field target club and worked at getting half decent shot before going out for live quarry, a nice rifle i owned was a Webley Vulcan carbine with a theoben gas strut, but sold it to fund a custom BSA superten, had a walnut stock made for it, very nice rifle, but sold it all when i moved to yorkshire, now im with the mk2 mrs Reacher she hates guns so not really allowed one, i dont push the point as my eyesight and health is not good enough to go up against live quarry

6 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

I used to be big time into Air rifle shooting, had shooting/vermin rights on 170 acre farm doing pest control and getting bunnies for the pot, had lots of rifles mainly HW germans, learnt to tune them nicely, not so much for power more for smooth consistency though i did get an HW35 to 26foot pounds once

i started out at a local field target club and worked at getting half decent shot before going out for live quarry, a nice rifle i owned was a Webley Vulcan carbine with a theoben gas strut, but sold it to fund a custom BSA superten, had a walnut stock made for it, very nice rifle, but sold it all when i moved to yorkshire, now im with the mk2 mrs Reacher she hates guns so not really allowed one, i dont push the point as my eyesight and health is not good enough to go up against live quarry

Take it you had your FAC then ????? 

2 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Take it you had your FAC then ????? 

No, like so many home tuners, we did not have a home chronograph, that came much later, i relied on taking a rifle into the local gun shop to get them to check it, they strongly suggested i detune it and showed me the figures, so i stripped it and dropped the power, it was awful at that power. 12Ft/lbs is more than enough for an air rifle

• 2 weeks later...

@KC59 we've spoken before (I always use the same username) I think it was on a UK "Blade" forum or similar before as I recognise your display cabinet. 
Nice airgun collection. :good: 

I've done a lot of shooting over the years and bought & sold so many airguns it's unreal. For a long time I was in to collecting antique or vintage airguns but then slowly thinned out what I owned until eventually I decided to sell them all. 

Currently I do have a few airguns still though. 
Probably my favourite is my 1980 FWB 80 target air pistol as it has an unusual slide mechanism to reduce the recoil to almost nothing and is very challenging to shoot one handed.
12.thumb.jpg.9fd7ab4b59596de57d7e8b029f16b0d9.jpg

Also @.AJ. didn't know you were on AGF ~ same here as same name. The internet can be a small place at times unbelievably. 😁

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I go shooting with @Bigjimknickersoff here, he’s also on AGF with the same username 👍 

Did you ever go to any of the AGF summer or Boxing day shoots at Nomads? 
Me and my Mrs have been to those a few times over the years but not been in years now. Was always good fun and the raffles alone were worth going for with all the great prizes. 

My Mrs still has her S200 that she used for HFT shooting however I sold mine which was an S400F in walnut, ...best shooting rifle that I have ever had but unfortunately as I wasn't using it anymore I sold it on to fund other stuff. 

1 minute ago, GMballistic said:

@KC59 we've spoken before (I always use the same username) I think it was on a UK "Blade" forum or similar before as I recognise your display cabinet. 
Nice airgun collection. :good: 

I've done a lot of shooting over the years and bought & sold so many airguns it's unreal. For a long time I was in to collecting antique or vintage airguns but then slowly thinned out what I owned until eventually I decided to sell them all. 

Currently I do have a few airguns still though. 
Probably my favourite is my 1980 FWB 80 target air pistol as it has an unusual slide mechanism to reduce the recoil to almost nothing and is very challenging to shoot one handed.
12.thumb.jpg.9fd7ab4b59596de57d7e8b029f16b0d9.jpg

Hi buddy,

It was probably British Blades, although my handle there was BMF, I have posted pictures of various bits and pieces with the display cabinet in the background. It’s good to see you’ve kept you hand in the air gun world after selling off your collection. I still have a passion for knives (fixed & folding), in fact I have just bought a Spyderco/Heinnie’s collaboration of the Urban with red G10 scales and CPM S90v blade. Knives along with air guns and now RC modelling strives to make me a poor man but he who dies with the most toys wins 😉

8E774CA2-3EFB-4274-8E48-790C378FE1A9.jpeg

A3DF5F04-6B1C-44FD-AFB7-11B6C6E4B808.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KC59 said:

Hi buddy,

It was probably British Blades, although my handle there was BMF, I have posted pictures of various bits and pieces with the display cabinet in the background. It’s good to see you’ve kept you hand in the air gun world after selling off your collection. I still have a passion for knives (fixed & folding), in fact I have just bought a Spyderco/Heinnie’s collaboration of the Urban with red G10 scales and CPM S90v blade. Knives along with air guns and now RC modelling strives to make me a poor man but he who dies with the most toys wins 😉

Could of been that forum yes. Think that was one I stopped using as it was a pay to use forum and at the time I lost some of my interest of using the forum. 

I still have some knives but sold off most of what I owned maybe 4 or 5 years ago as it had got a little OTT. I had maybe 200 knives, ....probably a small collection by some peoples standards still. Lol. 

Problem with knives as well as guns is I always try to be responsible with my ownership so lock away everything. Unfortunately this means I can't see stuff very easily nor enjoy what I am collecting as much. Plus with the way the law is nowadays you can't risk carrying a knife without good cause, ...I do EDC my Victorinox SAK Champ though.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...