• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what do you guys use to stick down your esc's

As the title says. What do you stick your esc's down with?

On my 1:10 I used bathroom silicoln, works fine for the rx and the esc. Never had a problem with it. 

Now the 1:8 hyper 7 the esc is a lot heavier and the hyper gets a bigger beating when bashing and the silicoln just isn't holding it down and it keeps braking free. 

Are there some sticky pads or something you can get?

2 layers of double sided foam tape in most of em.2 zip ties crossed over in the summit, cause I bashed that hard the threads in the chassis that hold the ESC clamp on stripped :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sellotape-Outdoor-Sticky-Fixers-Double/dp/B000KN06TC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401692675&sr=8-2&keywords=double+sided+foam+tape

i ended up getting a pack of these, 48 of them in fact!

Outdoor so fingers crossed it'll survive a wet and muddy bash.

20mm x 20mm squares will be nice for the RX too

Looks like the way to go! Thanks guys

Edited by vibrating_cake

what ever tap I use I always take a lighter to the back of the tap to warm the glue, it sticks much better.

I like that tip!

I'll get the heat gun on it for a few seconds before i stick!

I've paid enough for the bleeding esc i may as well keep it "safe"

Velcro you can get industrial strength but still be able to remove the esc neatly when needed. Plus it comes off hassle free too non residue. But I like the cradle esc trays I bet you could easily make one of those just a peice of plastic with 4 legs screwed onto the chassis. Some 6mm alloy tubing from B&Q then some m4 nuts and bolts. It could be done with carbon and anodized nuts too.

Edited by RCbutcher

I get cheap rolls of thicker double sided tape off Ebay.

They hold well. I can double up if necessary.

If I need to remove, wasteful 'though it is, I do that, and replace with a new piece.

It works great. If it's a 'heavy duty basher' like the Mental Maxx or MERV, I use a longer cable tie to ensure it doesn't move much.

Al.