• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yes , eBay potential scam. One for the mods on here

Pearce

totally agree!!!

just closing the other threads will leave some feeling very isolated

im fine...i know how ebaypaypal works and to use a credit card but not everyone does

witchhunting should not be allowed though! :yes:

Its doubtful anything will be posted, Ebay closed His account so he cant Get address's from that, They almost certainly Stopped him gaining access to his Paypal Account used in the matter, So he cant Get Address's from that either. So how are items going to turn up?? hmm?

Would it not be better to have a pinned topic saying something like:

Word of warning - potential ebay scammer

ebay seller offering lots of Hobbyking merchandise very cheaply.

Be aware - seller is now currently showing as no longer registered on ebay.

If you have any concerns please use the ebay or paypal resolution centre

or something like that...

Staff Note to user:

Lets get one thing clear.....especially for those who think they know best and would like to tell us how to run the board....

1) The thread was locked because of the posts made in it. People were posting up threats, and were posting personal information gained form various sources of an alleged scammer. This, I shouldn;t have to poi nt out, is not acceptable and cannot be allowed. Quite how the law would view it if that data is used and some one DOES go round to his house and break his legs I wouldn;t like to guess....but it would not be good.

2) There is no proof that the man is a scammer, or that the man being named is actually the scammer. There is a proper process for disputes like this and ist has nothing to do with what was being posted by some members.

3) The thread was locked as it went way off topic and beyond the bounds of sense. The other threads were locked as they were too. Quite why the OP thought this would be any different I don;t know....but it wandered immediately. Perhaps the Mods knew that already,,,,

4) This situation cannot be resolved by anyone on here. It didn;t happen here and won't be solved by talking. All it is doing is inflaming an already heated discussion.

For all those worried about losing your freedom of speech....I will clean this thread now, and remove the rubbish. But I will watch it. One stupid comment and I lock it. Keep it informative, keep it sensible, keep it factual. If I lock it...the next person to open a similar thread or to moan about sensorship gets a warning. If you want to be treated as grown-ups, first you must act as grown ups. Ball is in your court.

Please read our forum guidelines.
  • Like 3

To add to Nitroholic's post above, I'd like to spell this out nice and clearly for everyone tempted to start yet ANOTHER thread on this situation.....

Its on eBay. Its being dealt with through eBay. Its through PayPal. Its being dealt with through PayPal.

Nobody has failed to receive items. As of right now, a witchhunt has started based on opinions, not facts. Wait for facts to arrive, then use the proper channels to deal with it. As ever, with buying ANYTHING, buyer beware. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. Don't buy anything from any source unless you have proper and genuine belief that you trust the seller to ship the goods. And to me that means, any negative feedback is massive alarmbells.

The situation is a eBay situation, not MSUK-Forum. I apprieciate that may feel like passing the buck, but we are not equipped to police eBay, its not our role and its not constructive to throw around implications that people away from the forum are scammers, especially in this libellous age we live in - we're responsible for your comments and we don't want to be taken to court by members accusing others of wrongdoing when nothing has happened.

• Like 2

Thats more down to people being waaaaaaaaaaaay too trusting and not using sensible heads when spending money. If its eBay, you have no idea if its a one-man operation, a major warehouse etc.

If its too good to be true, it usually is.

• Like 1

Just an idea but if everyone is that worried about this silly eBay thing would it not be an idea for one of the mods to set up an appropriate thread for people that have real questions, or that have had stuff delivered, that way the mod can keep track of what is said and delete the junk where needed and then there would be no need for the other threads.

Just an idea hope my 2p isn't out of place :)

Thats the job of eBay, thats why they have their processes and proceedures. We can't do anything and we can't answer questions as we don't have the full facts (and won't ever have them, as we aren't eBay). If this was on here, we'd have IP addresses and things like that, but we don't, so we can't. I know it sounds harsh, but just leave it to eBay and in future, don't be so ridiculous when jumping on buying bandwagons.

• Like 1

guys, i didn't want to add any more to this as everyone seems to be getting out of hand.

but i would like to say something, im not going into any details here, but i know for a fact, how to leave and set up fake internet trails, the person you are witch hunting could well be the wrong person, its easy to put someone else in the frame for something.

so please for your own good as well as a potential innocent victim, don't go chasing people down via an internet search.

trust me its easily done.

I would second darknights post. I bought from that seller very recently and spent over 200 quid. All 3 items arrived quickly and in good condition. This was 2 weeks ago. Maybe something had changed, maybe ebay suspended his account, its not clear and you have to let ebay complete its procedures until you can start looking at further/legal action. Everyone can understand if you've paid money for something and now you're not sure where you stand, but there's a distinct lack of information at present as its a very fresh case, once a week has gone by, ebay/paypal should have more information regarding refunds. I've had to ask for ebay refunds a couples of times in the past. That's life, it takes a while but you get your money in the end.

some of us got scammed because we bought stuff before it became clear he was selling potentialy hundreds of the same item..

its pretty obvious it was a scam now anyway as he was relisting everything after he had some 10-20 units so it wasnt obvious to anyone who stumbled across them, he didnt even have many rc products for sale at the time i ordered and he was selling for few quid over HK prices so i just assumed he got a good deal on shipping

Well, I have been reading all the commotion in all the threads as I seem to have missed all the fun, But I would just like to add,Someone said that said gentleman or woman in these alleged dodgy transactions was possibly located in Chatham Kent, So just to say it doesn't matter how much you may or may not have lost, No amount of money is worth setting one foot in Chatham, Chav central and a lot like Silent Hill, Getting in is easy, But you will never be allowed to leave, Just a word of warning.

• Like 3

I think the point has been missed here, I'm sure we're all well aware that it is an eBay/PayPal issue, and refunds etc will be dealt with by them. However, the reason I started that other thread was for factual information that may help put people's minds at rest and keep them in the frame, things that the eBay/PayPal claims process won't tell you, for example if somebody has actually received their goods, or heard from a previous buyer who had left feedback. I feel the point was completely missed, and my thread was unfairly closed.

Edited by DreXeL