• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

14 minutes ago, tomzac66 said:

Shredded some tyres in the back garden.

ece132670a4f38e70bc5ff33e70fc247.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

may be someone forgot to tell you that the foam should be from inside of the tire not out 😂... must have been mayhem and I'm sure you enjoyed it 👍

• Like 3

Not the cars, But decided to to check storage charge of all me packs, Especially the 10 Floureon which haven't been used since I got them over 2 years ago, Surprising how long it takes doing 4x4s and 14x2s packs, Floureons were still pretty much bang on charge wise after all that time.

spacer.png   

• Like 3

Trimmed & boiled

0331bc7cf77e924f2b16ff2da353ff9f.jpg

Peeled & cleaned

3c7d05f34a40ad0af5b80feaef8c1b26.jpg

Ordered some new Hobao tyres only cheap ones they run great on 4s but 6s destroy’s them.

Might get some Hoon’s or Pro-line belted when I run 6s it’s wild [emoji12] it’s great fun, but not that fare in front of a well balanced 4s Hobao.

Getting the power down & loss of grip in corners cost me, losing 3 out of the 5 races to my son.

• Like 1

The joys of WFH and having my printer in my office means that I'm able to print all day...

20200511-210004.jpg
20200511-205938.jpg

This is a small wall mount for the LC12T1, the hard part is now getting "permission" to do so! I can already hear it, you don't need that toy on the wall!

• Like 1

A bit of a mod for the Hobao skid plate

It’s sits short on the A arm pins so it just barely in the rear pin brace, causing the pins to wiggle a bigger hole.

8b4e48ed6d1290405f4aff99bc609d5a.jpg

2- 4mm nuts pushed into the recesses on the bumper which hold the pin ends apply pressure to seat the pins in the rear.

The skid plates fitted correctly somehow causes a gap allowing the pin to slide forward. With out the skid plate it’s all snug.

On 10/05/2020 at 18:19, DartmoorTrails said:

Found an old Kamtec d90 that I hadn't cut and painted very well so went for racing green and added some fenders.
Might try my hand at an interior!d68dd8f87c09a78542e0a599c12aa070.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s looking good man! Then Kamtec bodies are pretty cool... 

Get a build thread up man!... Or get it in the new section when it happens 🙀👍

9 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Grill done, need to think about some edging to make it blend in better.
RC4WD light buckets emoji106.pngb9542f5dd7b03ce66c1a6e12ab92e746.jpga5dba02267487803d311fc5724817932.jpg2de153ddcd599dd0fa0082063f015611.jpg

Personally I would reduce its size slightly to get the black original grill to outline slightly the contour / reduce the depth between the lights by a couple mm, that would give it some more body 👍... 

Personally I would reduce its size slightly to get the black original grill to outline slightly the contour / reduce the depth between the lights by a couple mm, that would give it some more body [emoji106]... 
Not a bad shout stimpy. May take a file to it later.

As for a build thread... I'll see what pictures I've got hidden away as the chassis was built some time ago. That said loads has been changed out like full SSD portal goodness.
Love me some SSD [emoji3531]

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, stimpy said:

We’re all waiting for build threads Andy!!! ( Ahem!).... 

😂😂🤪

I know...I know! That lovely body is on the way, and the chassis landed in the U.K. on the 9th, and hasn’t been updated since.  I’m going nuts here! 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

I wanted a bigger wheel on my controller so l modelled up a quick adaptor...

20200513-101748.jpg
20200513-101705.jpg

I'll order a foam 1/10 touring car tire next time I buy anything

I think this adaptor should fit other controllers so if anyone's interested then drop me a PM

Great Idea, the 3D printer is a great tool

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ag100 said:

Great Idea, the 3D printer is a great tool

It's been great for these past few weeks. I've learnt a lot however I did do a three year apprenticeship and a good two years was spent on CNC machines so I've found that's helped a lot.

I've done a few jobs on here for people and so far I've had good feedback. I want to start printing in PETG as it's stronger. 

Well I would happily buy a set of the shock protectors off you.

perhaps you could try printing the Bumper😀