• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

@Stormbringer @Lone-wolf

My missus doesn't mind at all. She encourages me if anything. 

Can't wait to try it out. Got to wait for the cement to dry. Hopefully the badgers won't trash it when they arrive later. It's definitely strong enough for the crawlers. I know this because the badgers walk all over it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rushboy2004 said:

Have a small fire in the Brushless 5ive - Think its time to retire this project.

IMG-0013.jpg

and broke the X-Maxx

IMG-0014.jpg

Not good, but not catastrophic. 

What motor? I run a Max4 with a 380kv can, no heat issues. 

Don't give up!

9 hours ago, markymarky said:

If that is a ZTW ESC I believe they are somewhat prone to catching fire

Yeah ZTW - been not right last couple of runs.

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

Not good, but not catastrophic. 

What motor? I run a Max4 with a 380kv can, no heat issues. 

Don't give up!

Only quite actions of getting the shell off to disconnect the batteries when its started smoking. but did put out some nice flames.

Its a Leopard 380kv - was thinking of getting a Max4 next but the kershaw motor mount is crap and the motor keeps moving. 

The DBXL-E has been scratching my itch, so might give the 5ive a rest for now as it become a money pit.

48 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

Yeah ZTW - been not right last couple of runs.

Only quite actions of getting the shell off to disconnect the batteries when its started smoking. but did put out some nice flames.

Its a Leopard 380kv - was thinking of getting a Max4 next but the kershaw motor mount is crap and the motor keeps moving. 

The DBXL-E has been scratching my itch, so might give the 5ive a rest for now as it become a money pit.

Ah, same motor as mine. Max4 is awesome. 

What pinion?

I'm currently using the Losi mount, paid over 200 notes for the full conversion kit, just to use the motor mount. Bonkers!

Definitely cheaper options available. 

Best get back on topic. 

Stripped and cleaned the front arms and uprights and made a list of stainless steel fittings to reassemble the front end with. 

Also had the front shocks apart and refilled them with heavier oil so probably wont add stiffer springs. 

Was going to pull the front diff apart but not feeling the love to get covered in gooey oil right this minute 😁

IMG_20240428_114625.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

just got some pics of the lights, that should be good for late night or winter driving, just the cheapo fast trax ones plugged in batt channel on rx 🙂

-snip

Looks good man 🤌Love a Tamiya me.  I'm desperate to get myself the BBX BB-01 but 300+ squid is beyond my fun money at the moment especially as i want to put the castle system in it and the slipper clutch like TomleyRC did

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Looks good man 🤌Love a Tamiya me.  I'm desperate to get myself the BBX BB-01 but 300+ squid is beyond my fun money at the moment especially as i want to put the castle system in it and the slipper clutch like TomleyRC did

cheers bud, yeh the bbx is tempting me as well, i really want the team associated rc 10 gold tub re release but its over 400 quid so i went for the wild one instead 🙂

• Like 1

Finally got round to opening up the transmission and diffs on the Element gatekeeper Texan,, all clean and fully greased now, next job is the new cab still a texan power wagon but all new colours

• Like 2