• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Really I'm not procrastinating, delaying or putting off finally painting my Rock Socker body shell.  I've measured, marked out, and cut the mountings for fuel tanks to be mounted on either side of the body shell, and mounted them temporarily, here's what it will look like;

TamiyaRockSockerwithfueltank.thumb.jpg.305339d4588f52f8618cad4de7b88b75.jpg

A fuel tank will be mounted on the same place on the other side of the body shell.

I'm currently tweaking the paint masks that I've custom made in G.I.M.P. so that I can paint everything instead of using stickers, just with the cost of printer ink - over £30 for the black ink cartridge for my printer alone it's actually by £25 for me to buy my printer again brand new rather than to replace all of the ink cartridges it takes, so I'm trying to minimise the amount of not needed or test prints for sizing, not to mention that the Tamiya 15cm by 18cm masking sheets for printing on are not cheap, they're a quid each, so I want to use as few of the Tamiya masking sheets as possible.  

Hopefully my next post to this thread will be of at least the body shell starting the painting process, even if it's just masked up for the first colour to be painted.

Really I'm not procrastinating, delaying or putting off finally painting my Rock Socker body shell.  I've measured, marked out, and cut the mountings for fuel tanks to be mounted on either side of the body shell, and mounted them temporarily, here's what it will look like;

A fuel tank will be mounted on the same place on the other side of the body shell.

I'm currently tweaking the paint masks that I've custom made in G.I.M.P. so that I can paint everything instead of using stickers, just with the cost of printer ink - over £30 for the black ink cartridge for my printer alone it's actually by £25 for me to buy my printer again brand new rather than to replace all of the ink cartridges it takes, so I'm trying to minimise the amount of not needed or test prints for sizing, not to mention that the Tamiya 15cm by 18cm masking sheets for printing on are not cheap, they're a quid each, so I want to use as few of the Tamiya masking sheets as possible.  

Hopefully my next post to this thread will be of at least the body shell starting the painting process, even if it's just masked up for the first colour to be painted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grogg said:

Waiting with baited breath for this. Got my first spray job to do once I've done all the technical stuff so love seeing what and how folk do stuff.

Really liking following your Tamiya builds @Kpowell911. I can feel the enthusiasm. 

Not touched any RC or gone anywhere in 3 weeks as had a big financial hit so its all home>work>home>work>home etc etc for me at the minute 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Really liking following your Tamiya builds @Kpowell911. I can feel the enthusiasm. 

Not touched any RC or gone anywhere in 3 weeks as had a big financial hit so its all home>work>home>work>home etc etc for me at the minute 😢

Thanks for the kind words. Hope everythings ok with you mate. Im sure it will be. Remember these are just toys, if poo hit the fan, every single RC I own would be on eBay. It’ll sort itself out Im sure, keep your chin up!

• Like 1

Thanks man. Will sort itself out soon just got to graft a bit before i can go out and play. Got the Senton in bits with a broken servo and needing new tyres. (Seems the arrma is the money pit and not the xrays!) Broke arm and suspension pin on xb4 but have buckets of spares for that. 

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Had a few hours free this evening, Id like to say its cause I finished work early, but I did leave my house at 520am so Id hope so. 

All Tamiya love again (shock!)

Oil shocks for the Humble TL-01. 

ZkdKEfQ.jpeg

2PgXre8.jpeg

A servo for the SRX

xMxlHFk.jpeg

Full electrics for the R

LbnnExN.jpeg

Tamiya brushed motors though 😍😍😍😍

IjTEjbD.jpeg

Twinning

cWM0L0m.jpeg

Is it me or is the propshaft in that bottom pic thicker on the 1 on the left?

Decided random crawler build has spend long enough on the bench (may have been a veery long time), scrapped some plans that were never going to work, bodged a solution for the battery, stripped it down and did some painting.  Quite looking forward to getting it built and to actually drive it.  Hopefully that won't take me another 5 years...

2023-05-18 19.19.09 small.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looked fun mate and i really like the wheels on that TRX4 :good:

It was, 5 x cars in total and no breakages which is always a win.  Especially with one of the cars being a FTX Outlaw! 

Thanks I wasnt too sure of them at first but wanted something a bit more scale looking.

• Like 1

Today was a good day 😁

fitted the new servo to the TRX4 and a receiver for the flysky GT5

took the stampede out so much fun now I’ve tightened the slipper

and took the cragsman c for little trail walk don’t know why they more popular it’s up there with the TRX4 maybe a little bit better IMO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

Today was a good day 😁

fitted the new servo to the TRX4 and a receiver for the flysky GT5

took the stampede out so much fun now I’ve tightened the slipper

and took the cragsman c for little trail walk don’t know why they more popular it’s up there with the TRX4 maybe a little bit better IMO 

So glad youre enjoying the Stampede 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

So glad youre enjoying the Stampede 🙂

I am very much so 👍 

the motor does get very hot though on 3s from what I’ve read up the Velineon although can run 3s don’t really like it so will try on my 2s next time as see what happens I keep looking at this to replace it with this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-sct-3660sl-3200kv-brushless-motor-420924 and sell the Velineon system 🤔

8 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I am very much so 👍 

the motor does get very hot though on 3s from what I’ve read up the Velineon although can run 3s don’t really like it so will try on my 2s next time as see what happens I keep looking at this to replace it with this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-sct-3660sl-3200kv-brushless-motor-420924 and sell the Velineon system 🤔

We run that in the Rustler, its bonkers

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

We run that in the Rustler, its bonkers

So would you say it would be better for the stampede on 3s to run that combo? 

23 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

So would you say it would be better for the stampede on 3s to run that combo? 

You may disagree but I found the Stampede was more fun on 2S. In fact I dont think I ran it on 3S haha. But its a superior combo in every way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

You may disagree but I found the Stampede was more fun on 2S. In fact I dont think I ran it on 3S haha. But its a superior combo in every way

I’ve never run it on 2s so wouldn’t know I’m going to try it on 2s next time if I’m not happy with it I’ll buy the new combo 👍

that’s a good enough reason to buy new RC parts 🤣

Built my tt02r today, quick maiden run on the driveway just to check it’s all good ready for Bedworth rc club this weekend. Entering the rookies class, first time at an on road rc club. spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3