• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

And it arrived. Perfect condition.   An upgrade esc from the stock traxxas one to a max6. A few little bits with it. But band new with parts for £800.im more then happy with that. 

Esc set up. So will be testing it ASAP 

IMG_20210616_110324_edit_4566349835760.jpg

IMG_20210616_111456.jpg

Is that...a piano stand? holding that up for the photo? :rofl: 

Looks mint like.

• Thanks 1

Much lol. Yes it  is an old keyboard stand. Cost me £0. Have you ever tried to work on a large scale car. This makes it a hell of a lot easier. 

Xt90 plugs sorted. Next job is program esc and it's all ready to go 

2 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Much lol. Yes it  is an old keyboard stand. Cost me £0. Have you ever tried to work on a large scale car. This makes it a hell of a lot easier. 

Xt90 plugs sorted. Next job is program esc and it's all ready to go 

Nope, think it's a good idea though 🙂 I struggled working on my 1/10 scale until I got the little turntable thing. Much easier so I can imagine that would be better as well. 🙂

Good luck! Looks mint

On 15/06/2021 at 10:05, Seminole81 said:

Yeah those are quite a bit bigger.

Yeah, of course. I've been meaning to upload it to the build thread/Quantum threads anyway. Basically just get some tubing 8mm outer diameter, 6mm internal (one I got Matte 3k Carbon Fiber Tube Length 1000mm All sizes OD From 8mm to 40mm Twill | eBay), and then some 6mm wall plugs (Wall Plugs 6mm x 28mm Drill Plug with Expansion & Anchor for Screw DIY Fixing | eBay), cut it to size (28cm if memory serves was about right), bang the wall plugs in the ends and fit it in. There's already holes in the diff/body post mounts for it 🙂 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I was looking at doing something like this on my Hyper/ST conversions. Not sure if it is physically possible but a very similar idea.

Ian...

21 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

I was looking at doing something like this on my Hyper/ST conversions. Not sure if it is physically possible but a very similar idea.

Ian...

Highly suggest it if you can. First time out where I actually went out with the intention of not babying it about loads (was launching it off a small hill actually 😄 about 2-4 ft. of air depending on the speed I hit it at, closer to 2 more of the time) and surprisingly nothing broke. My son kept landing his on the roof and nothing. Seems to really strengthen the chassis up. Would be so simple to make from factory as well, so I'm surprised they don't include it really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

And it arrived. Perfect condition.   An upgrade esc from the stock traxxas one to a max6. A few little bits with it. But band new with parts for £800.im more then happy with that. 

Esc set up. So will be testing it ASAP 

IMG_20210616_110324_edit_4566349835760.jpg

IMG_20210616_111456.jpg

Nice 1 mate and enjoy it :good:

• Like 1

Did some more building on my brand new hpi jumpshot mt, I rebuilding the whole car and  do so some upgrades, today  put in a better servo, it was a hair to long so I made some spacers, rebuild the diff and put 50.000 oil in it instead of 1000 I don't know why there was such light weight oil in the diff it was allready leaking out of it.

Ditched the 48p spur gear and fitted a arrma 54 tooth 32P  spur gear with associated high torqeu slipper pads, perfect fit, and changed the ball ends for tamiya ones, the hpi ones are hard plastic and pop out easy the tamiya ones fit more snug and are hard to get off.

51252240645_b0c050b656_k.jpg

51242248571_6b14f598d0_o.jpg

51242248441_6eea37afa3_o.jpg

Edited by No brains
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, MrCake said:

How easy was it getting the diff out of those?  Mine feels like it literally has no fluid in  where is spins so freely. 

It is  easy, you have to pull  the transmission out of the chassis and get the diff out,  the diff oil  what is in  there is very thin the manual says 1000 weight, mine felt like there was nothing in there, I have put 50.000 in it, it is much better now.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1