• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

You mean she doesnt know lol :rofl:

Not yet  lol  been trying to get some flowers delivered   but all local places are shut.  So i will be out trying to get some.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

So i had the stiffener

The full stiffener

Now I have the big stiffener (name is growing on me)

20210404_005708.thumb.jpg.1875f8daec904e9ff8177c516f8749a6.jpg

Don't be fooled into thinking this is a great print, it's rough as dogs, this is just the side that was on the bed... need to work on my TPU settings for this printer.

I'm super confident in this one though, now that I have experienced a break, i think i have honed in on the issue.

Is the Big Stiffener made by Pfiezer??

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

So i had the stiffener

The full stiffener

Now I have the big stiffener (name is growing on me)

20210404_005708.thumb.jpg.1875f8daec904e9ff8177c516f8749a6.jpg

Don't be fooled into thinking this is a great print, it's rough as dogs, this is just the side that was on the bed... need to work on my TPU settings for this printer.

I'm super confident in this one though, now that I have experienced a break, i think i have honed in on the issue.

Looks good to me mate 👌 

30 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Looks good to me mate 👌 

Yeah I might fit it and give it hell today and just prey it works and I don't have to order more parts 😄

If it doesn't, I might redesign the whole bumper bracket out of a harder and stiffer TPU.

I can call that, the maximum stiffener 🤪

• Haha 1

While cleaning hyper st and sorting out the broken wing mount I discovered I'd broken the cnc rear brace too 🙄

Thankfully I've got spares for both so all fixed again. 

Might need to slow down a bit 😅

IMG_20210404_123023.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Lost steering to the Quantum. Dissassembled and reassembled the servo and it seems to be cured. No idea what happened just assuming something wasn't tightened up at the factory and needed sorting.

• Like 1

I can see why people like kit cars. I had no clue what I was doing and was just undoing screws and bits and putting them all back together in reverse order.

Reckon I'm gonna just pick up a cheap Tamiya buggy to get my hands used to tinkering in and around an RC car, they're a bit different to the toy Nikko I had 20 odd years ago.

• Like 2

Went to Burton Dassett Hills, awesome playground! The terrain is simply perfect for off-road cars. The grass is kept short by the sheep, but of course that means avoiding their deposits. 

Wish I'd taken a car with me! There were several people there running cars, plenty of natural jumps, hundreds of them. 

• Like 2

Tried to give the DBXL a little run, but the same old dog-bone decided to let go of its drive-pins again. 

Back to the workshop (back of the van), ground a flat spot into the pins using an angle grinder, then reassembled with even more threadlock. Eleventieth time lucky? I'll let you know. 

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Went to Burton Dassett Hills, awesome playground! The terrain is simply perfect for off-road cars. The grass is kept short by the sheep, but of course that means avoiding their deposits. 

Wish I'd taken a car with me! There were several people there running cars, plenty of natural jumps, hundreds of them. 

Lovely place! Only been there to watch the sunset never with the RCs

Did a few little mods to get my son’s (and my) first Maverick Quantum Flux up and ready for a run tomorrow morning.

Opened everything up finally and got it all out.

Changed the washers behind the wheels.

loctite on the servo horn screw

loctite on the grub screw on the rear driveshaft

Put the heat sink around motor

new batteries in the controller

charged a LiPo to make sure all good,

tested it sitting on top a makeshift stand, all good, but I did notice a slight wobble on 2 of the wheels. Anyone confirm if this is normal please? 😊👍🏻

Wasn't feeling the best today, but managed to position and drill the final mounting position for the battery tray in my Hyper 7.

Bit of countersinking in the morning and I can then start to put it back together.

Ian...

Today Speky ESC went into LVC, for no reason i could think of on fully charged batt  so i recalibrated and updated Firmware.

1st time I'm using the speky stuff, so its a bit of a learning curve. hopefully its cured its little issue .

Lowered the Ride height, cos i run this V5  on tarmac right now, until weather improves.

20210404_130940.jpg

20210404_130945.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Im starting to think that there is a design flaw that isnt going to be fixed by a bit of TPU

20210405_113801.jpg

Bet that is why the TBR bumper uses a block screwed to the A block instead of using the stock brace