• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Designed and started printing a new receiver box, and put the tyres on the Ultra beadlocks.

Got round to fitting the wheelie bar I've had sat around for over 6 months to my Savage XS.

20200602_211108.thumb.jpg.aa0826ca6da1d24dbb03739f50da897d.jpgCharged up a Lipo and took it for quick spin outside mine, steering binded up a couple of times with no obvious reason. Haven't used the truck for months so looks like I'm going to have to do a bit of investigating as to what's going on with it.

• Like 2

2,Shock boots split on the VSE no stock due to Covid

had some of these rubber bellows we use on servo links that pass through the stern of a boat about 45mm long trimmed the top of the old  Hobao ones so they fit the bottom of the shock.

stripped them down they fitted

only 50p each do the job 👍

B950B37B-2DFC-42CD-A90A-101A28079F88.jpeg

FD461762-1A91-4E49-8E94-7C100E27BBF4.jpeg

233EC1C3-AC79-4500-A9C8-2C42A10B4F09.jpeg

792FCA85-EE8C-4682-B04C-5D9385A92540.jpeg

Edited by tomzac66
  • Like 1

I tried to dry fit my Shortend shocks to slash 4x4 first I rounded out one of the silly but cool anodized screws I had to remove the rear arm to drill it so then thought I mayaswel finally install the alloy diff cup I've had for years waiting. 2-3yrs. Cleaned all the grease out std uses tried to fit my spider gears and nope. 

The bar the spider gears sit on will not fit the FML diff cup so naturally I got the hammer out but a rubber one. I jammed in there good and proper but nope they was set like rocks and obviously I couldn't get them out. So I got to use my flywheel puller I've never used too which got it mostly out and I managed to rag it out with pliers from there. 

So now a quick shock swap has ended up with the rear end pulled off 3 tubs of screws and diff parts waiting whilst I figure out what to do next. I'm thinking get the dremel out and try to lightly open up the pin channel just enough but I've never done anything like that I can't see any other way though. Except new alloy cup. Or pull the front one out and see how that compares since it went together fine. Plus I can redo the diff oil then and know what I have. 

Aiming for 5k front 7k rear after reading online they talk about 50-100k in the rear though what. I need to look that up more I think. I thought we use lighter fluid in the rear diff but thought I must be wrong reading so many threads quickly saying the opposite so tried to go 7k. Slash 4x4 for street bashing  and speed runs not all out speed runs. 

Its never a simple to do list is it when starting the simple to do list is it lol. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Looks good; what's it going to sit on, or is that already built?

Thanks, I'm not to sure yet, I've got a couple kits I've not built, going to be either venture or Trx4, depends on the wheelbase, think they are about the same not sure.

2 minutes ago, rockerlee said:

Thanks, I'm not to sure yet, I've got a couple kits I've not built, going to be either venture or Trx4, depends on the wheelbase, think they are about the same not sure.

Cool; I really don't know the Venture at all but very aware of how good the TRX4 is! Given the backend I spose you cold sling it on anything you liked!

Is it a LC70?

I think truggy's look better with a wider stance, more agressive and I'd bet the TRX is wider?

• Like 1

It's a jeep cherokee, trx4 are pretty good, I've got the bronco but also got the kit, might just build both of the chassis and see what it's like on them, they have been sitting around for a little while.

• Haha 1

Dropped the front bumper done a lot. Needs a slight adjustment. Coming along nicely.  Got a forward motor mount coming.  With a scale v8 with it. So I will be cutting the bonnet so it opens up. 

IMG_20200605_135720.jpg

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Like 1