• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got the proline pro mt 4x4 set up. Rx in. Esc programmed.  Battery link soldered up. Now I just need a dry day off to see if I can brake the thing.  Hopefully this Sunday will do. 

20 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Those GoolRC ESCs are a gamble though mate.

I bought one and it was trash. Would cog and stall with entirely reasonable pinion and KV motor.
There was at least 3 other people with the same experience when I googled it, and there has been one more on these forums since.

I'll send it to someone for the price of the postage (probably less than a £5er) if they think they can do something with it.

Then I have my surpass one which is clearly from the same parts bin, and it's excellent.

By the time you have bought 2 cheap ESCs you could have bought a Quicrun for 30-40 quid.

Yep I had a cheap combo like the gool

Rc stuff it would cogg real bad.. thanks to @Paul Busby I changed the ESC to a hobby wing and it fixed the issue. Spend the extra a buy a decent combo.

• Like 1

Had a busy weekend

LWB Outcast with rpm arms, few other bits and a service!

109206BE-76A4-46E5-A642-7CF08517DF79.jpeg.792cf3142ff1f1069347761703620c0b.jpeg

326EDFE3-1886-4FF5-907F-A16A86E9534D.jpeg.08bcc659a09291a734ff8892af6ae2b2.jpeg

Put the SWB brace in the Granite and fixed a few bits

576795DE-9227-46BF-A763-0E3A01BDB7B4.jpeg.64677f9ff8e288eb4fc1c4fe6da36095.jpeg

Then started on the Capra...

24AC5D1E-0B5D-45DD-AB16-087C01AF8A39.thumb.jpeg.a58bad06cada876ea3cae80268313aa9.jpeg

Edited by stimpy
  • Like 1

Add a Hobby Axe 2300 to my TRX-4 Sport - will be testing it this afternoon.............hopefully. Then its time to attempt my first hard body for the same truck........

Spent the afternoon at Herts Nitro Car Club, giving the Kyosho MP9e EVO it's first track outing. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Maidened it and broke it.

Also tested out my new Joby action clamp, bloody brilliant idea for people with multiple transmitters.

what did you broke?

5 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:
Kinda finished the scx clone ford F150, and liking it now, just got to glue the magnets to underside of shell and its done

Wait... Is this the "red" one that isn't red, and you hated that it wasn't red so wanted to throw it in the bin for not being red?

Red.

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Wait... Is this the "red" one that isn't red, and you hated that it wasn't red so wanted to throw it in the bin for not being red?

Red.

Strange thing...halogen and LED lights in the kitchen made it really look Orange, in natural light is more a red and not awful, i guess its what they call "a trick of the light", its the same shell same paint