• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

7 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Had the chance to gather my old but new kits and shells together ready for a move to a long waited man cave which is currently an empty room with nothing but carpet.... now the fun begins with decorating it. Does anyone sell  RC wallpaper? :lol: 

HGhQEdQ.jpg

Erm. Wow! Guessing youre not selling?

is that Cossie top right a TL01?

Today...I watched the outer casing of my WPSC8 disintegrate....... Opened it up to clear some muck out of teh fan, and ...... now I am going to have to do a lot of fiddly glue work. Great.

But on the plus side, I test ran the Anderson M5 with it's new compact and tidy battery compartment. Handling is not affected ( as in it's still rubbish ) but it's also still just as much fun and looks better into the bargain.

Added detailing to the fuel tank and air tanks on the truck, rather than paint them freehand or spend ages masking them up, I decided to use silver vinyl instead, I’m really happy with how they came out :) 

08918496-80_AC-4_F27-_B9_FA-_A69844_B918

E3792_FB4-78_D0-4_D5_D-_B392-_FFE024612_

• Like 3

On 07/07/2018 at 06:48, Tug said:

Sounds like I've stripped the rear diff on my old E-Maxx, strip down will be tomorrow. 

Finally stripped and repaired. The screws holding the crown gear in place were too short and had backed out, the sun and spider gears had then munched themselves.

As I've used an RC component, I'll post this here. 

The detachable grill-pan handle had been broken for more years than I can remember, I was about to order a new one, then decided to try and fix it. Turns out a Savvy servo saver spring is perfect! Result!

I'm feeling rather smug!

• Like 1

Serviced the centre diff on the Outcast again, due to it still leaking. I may have to invest in an alloy diff case. And charged some batteries for a bash tomorrow morning

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Plucked up the courage to have a look at the rear diff on the X2, first time I've stripped that part of the car down, and yes, it's munched. 

Losi spares ordered. 

Massive front end impact with the H7 into a clay mound and i thought it was a write off.. all it did was this and knocked 2 screws off the lipo tray.. im impressed
IMG_6043.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally found the Outback mini charger (exactly where I've been looking since Friday) so I can try it on the little course I made around the garden only to find it doesn't charge the battery any more. Had a closer look and noticed a nasty brown stain.  It's blown a capacitor right off the PCB.  Chopped the wire's off, soldered them into an XT60 and using the Accucel to charge it.  I think I'll just order some 750mah 1S LiPO and then can use the same lead to charge them.

Today I painted and installed the driver torso into my Tyrell F1 model. He is currently headless as I ran out of paint. I will have to see to that next weekend...

On 15/07/2018 at 17:30, TheP0acher said:

Massive front end impact with the H7 into a clay mound and i thought it was a write off.. all it did was this and knocked 2 screws off the lipo tray.. im impressed
IMG_6043.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Errrrr......think you need to look closer dude....think you had just a wee bit of chassis flex on impact...

That's why I use solid braces and not plastic rose eye end braces...but to be fair...a "dead stop" impact from a 1/8 is gonna damage something.!.....

Id take your diffs out before running again dude, just to be sure its not munched, chipped a tooth

Edited by Fly In My Soup

15 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Errrrr......think you need to look closer dude....think you had just a wee bit of chassis flex on impact...

That's why I use solid braces and not plastic rose eye end braces...but to be fair...a "dead stop" impact from a 1/8 is gonna damage something.!.....

Id take your diffs out before running again dude, just to be sure its not munched, chipped a tooth

I read it like this first of all but what I think it means is:

All I did was this (the bent drive shaft) AND broke the lipo tray screws.

I had to read it a few times too

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

Went out to shed...was too hot. Took temp reading...34.7C .... went back indoors. PLEASE cool down UK weather....you are killing me here.

I got 42 in the garage.

Never buying anywhere with a south facing rear again :lol: