• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Spanked the Super 5SC Flux with its new combo, love it! Not sure the rear diff will, but thinner oil in the CD and a sensible trigger-finger should help. 

Max6 and a 4092, 700kv motor on 8S, sprightly! :D

• Like 1

Got 4 heat cycles through the 30n dtt today, nice bit of kit, forgot how well the losi 5ive platform handles. Alot of metal swarf/dust all over the chassis though...b9901203b82beff8af804cd8140caced.jpgbf22b2592cb010f140085749180fc249.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Decided to inspect the rear diff on the Super 5SC Flux, what a nightmare just to get it out! I don't remember it ever being that hard to access! An utter pain in the rear! 

Nothing wrong with it, so decided to put it back together, another nightmare! The two halves of the diff housing just refused to go back together! 

All done now, but not looking forward to doing that again anytime soon! 

Charged a NiMH and drove the Heng Long Bulldog around the garden.  Lots of fun.  Got moaned at as the sound kit is too loud.  It's a tank.. you can't run it quiet!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ghazghul said:

Charged a NiMH and drove the Heng Long Bulldog around the garden.  Lots of fun.  Got moaned at as the sound kit is too loud.  It's a tank.. you can't run it quiet!

My daughter hates my Panther F, I’ve got a upgrade control/sound board and can make my tank crew sing :lol: 

I started trying to salvage the mess I made of the vinyl wrap on the Evoque hard body.  I tried to do it with one piece and there are two many compound curves.  I think I can get the roof and sides done in one and then do the bonnet and hatch separately, however starting to think one solid colour is going to look a bit odd so maybe I need to rethink.  Matt black roof and bumpers?

43 minutes ago, NeverGrowingUp said:

Built my Tekno roller 

Wow. Do want, though I do like the rugged oldschool-ness of the Agama A215E 1/8 I have...

I would buy it just for the engineering and the fun of building but honestly I haven't used any of my many RCs for many months despite our return of nice weather. So it would just be like building a meccano or similar in some ways, just much more impressive.

I'll leave it to you folks. :) (for now)

29 minutes ago, Zoea said:

Wow. Do want, though I do like the rugged oldschool-ness of the Agama A215E 1/8 I have...

I would buy it just for the engineering and the fun of building but honestly I haven't used any of my many RCs for many months despite our return of nice weather. So it would just be like building a meccano or similar in some ways, just much more impressive.

I'll leave it to you folks. :) (for now)

Yeah the build was great, it took me 4 hours taking my time watching the touring cars. Instructions and build quality make it a enjoyable process. Ive plenty pics, ill make a thread later  

New here, so hello...

Today I've ordered a bunch of parts to resurrect my manta ray

Ppi2IEf.jpg

I am pretty sure this is an original racecraft chassis from the early 90s, I can remember fitting it, it has ball race bearings already. It used to have a fast rebuildable motor and tekin esc (all long gone).

A strip down found a steering arm is bent, the front shock mount is cracked, the bottom mounts for the rear gearbox were completely broken and the body is missing its nose.

So:

New Manta Ray sprue for rear gearbox

OE Top Force front and rear shock mounts & Top Force J Parts (for the securing part of the front mount)

x4 5mm ball nuts, x8 ball connectors (to mount upper arms)

M3 threaded rod to re-make top arms (fronts are too short, causing excessive camber) and steering arms.

Racecraft body (Manta Ray doesn't really fit the undertray)

Cheapy 2ch stick radio from ebay

Still need to figure out a rear wing and mount - Not sure if the manta ray one will fit the top force suspension mount - I've not located top force bits for this and they look expensive from previous sales... I also will need to space the shocks from the suspension mounts - might just get some aluminium tube for this, would still need to sort out a bush or some bolts with a should on though.

I also still need a motor, servo, esc, battery & charger. Thinking for the moment to stay with a brushed motor & nimh as this is really for just bashing about - simpler and keeps the (mounting) costs down. Any suggestions on motor/battery/charger welcome.

I also won what appears to be a lightly used midnight pumpkin on ebay and am after a lunchbox - these are really for my niece and nephew (honest..)... all in good time..