• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Had a bit of free time today, so did a few little tasks on different models that I have been meaning to get to for a while:

I unlocked the front diff on my CC-01 and slowed it with thick grease instead, giving a significant improvement in turning circle with minimal loss of offroad ability.

I repaired the rear wing on my F103 following damage that occurred last race meet when it was grabbed by a well-meaning but over-eager marshall.

I checked the rear camber on my MF-01X to make sure it was symmetrical following some field adjustments made without a camber gauge.

I made a velcro strap for one of my LiPo alarms so that it can be attached to the battery hold-down on whichever of my TTs I am running at the time.

I fitted some thick 8mm front hexes to my mate's HPI Formula Ten to give him a bit more track width and stop the axles from sticking out well beyond the wheel nuts.

I swapped the stock Tamiya/Molex connector for a Deans connector on a TBLE-02 ESC that I will be using in my forthcoming DT-03T build.

I swapped out the over-specced Futaba S3014 servo from my V-24 for an Alturn AAS700, freeing up the Futaba for use in the DT-03T where it's added torque will be of more use.

Then I rewarded myself for my hard work by taking my TT-02B for a run in the street, which is closed to vehicles due to road works at one end, making it an ideal RC driving area.

Edited by XV Pilot

On 5/9/2017 at 15:57, Bix said:

e36cbe36de3856a85bcb17a59403e48c.jpg

The boys Strada MT was playing up on a few counts so I took the whole thing apart emoji85.png

At least it looks nice and clean! Unfortunately my lack of experience meant I stuck the front diff main gear in the wrong way round!!!

Could do a nice burnout at a stand still mind! Lesson learned shall we say, gonna sort the diff out and stick a new motor in tonight so will be back bashing on tomorrow hopefully emoji846.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D i did this on my rear diffs not long ago too.

• Like 1

Well not today but Sunday... took the slash to my local 8th track, was hilarious :lol: Spent most of the day on its roof, bouncing all over the place. crashing and bashing. Was expecting some major breakages but in the end the only thing that let go was a wheel hex stripped on both the hub and in the wheel.

Ok they might not be race machines or handle with much grace but you have to give it to the slash, they take some abuse!

I put all the electrics back into the Helion sunday night whilst I find some new hex's for the traxxas, The Helion certainly handles sweeter than the traxxas, Certainly don't think it would stand up to as much of a pounding though. Ideally would be nice to keep the Select four for mastering the astro at the track and just use the slash to pound :D

track 1.jpg

stripped hex 2.jpg

stripped hex.jpg

Edited by bombercountynick

Opened up the mounting holes, just a tad, dropped on to the Helion Select sct, 

A2BC3C68-61F9-4D0B-9274-AA392181C387_zps

Also stripped down the engine on DB, being very stubborn yesterday and not starting.

Edited by QRC
  • Like 3

Finished the Evo X, actual video at the end of the LED's.

Hate to admit this, but probably the most boring, bland and undetailed shell I've done. Maybe it's the colour?

New motor mount arrived for my bullet. Thought that last run the outdrive cup on the centre slipepr was dead, excitedly took apart the centre slipper to fix it and get running, only to find that both outrives were fine, and actually I have shredded my rear diff. Also found that the motor mount i sdesigned to have the motor the other side, and now trying to decide how much I "need" to buy to get it running again.

Seen my chassis braces are also going, so aluminium needed there, might just get a flux chassis as well, seing as I am runnning it electric.

Suddenly the costs are adding up to a bigger than wanted total.

Last night, whilst sat bored in work I spotted a local ad for a Helion Volition with an "unknown fault". I could resist what seemed like a bargain so I picked it up on my way one. The seller assumed there was a stripped gear in the gearbox but didn't know how to disassemble it to check and the shocks weren't rebounding after being compressed. Once home I popped the gear cover off and found a tiny bit of grit wedged in the spur gear, I removed the grit and it's running sweet as a nut. Gave the shocks a good clean and some fresh oil and it's ready to bash! ?

How it looked when I got it home

IMG_20170518_224940_zps28p7mq1r.jpg

How it looks after a good scrub with a toothbrush and some gt85

IMG_20170519_100920_zpsirzwnnek.jpg

IMG_20170519_100828_zpsg70ttsgk.jpg

I'm pretty sure it once belonged to someone on this forum, I'll sure I've seen the shell before.

• Like 3

Finally got a my new motor to actually work. Had to buy a new motor/centre slipper mount for my bullet, and then mount it the wrong way up as it is a custom conversion from a nitro, hence the motor being on the other side. Had a losd of issues, but now I have put a pack through and it feels like it can take more, in fact I think I may go out again soon, seeing as it is such a nice evening.

Old Custom motor mount (Didn't allow me to fit the bigger pinion I wanted)

DSC01391_zpsalcwyeyi.jpg

The New one before fitted

DSC01390_zpsn2x0gtks.jpg

The new one once in, Ready for a run

DSC01402_zps2mrd3ljd.jpg

Better servo link, as though it has no servo saver as the old one was way too weak for the big wheels, I will just have to be careful.

DSC01403_zpsq5oqcqaq.jpg

Finally assembled the centre diff in the X-Maxx the other day.

Had a few hours, so fully re-assembled the X-Maxx, finishing this evening.

Some 'final touches' remain.

New RPM front bumper reinforcing piece fitted as well.

Al.