• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

33 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

is that a 3300mah floureon? ive got a couple 40c packs. one always requires a cycle on the charger after a bash to get it to balance properly...

It's a floureon 4200mah that I charged up to 3.80 each cell so it must of been a week cell. I've also noticed mine don't hold there charge when I charge them the night before.

15 minutes ago, ProBlitz said:

tried to drill the striped screw on the motor pinion with no success xD i think i will leave it there until the motor burns out xD

Have you tried pulling the pinion off as hard as you can?  

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Have you tried pulling the pinion off as hard as you can?  

yep but its not easy to work in it and i dont want to bent the motor can...

3 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Heat it up with a small blowtorch and pry the pinion off the shaft with a flat head screwdriver, that has worked for me in the past

i was kinda afraid to damage the motor with the heat.

the worst part its where the screw is xD such a hard spot to work on, at least i managed to get the motor out of the gearbox :)  now i can regrease the gears that was what i wanted to do... the pinion its still in good shape so i think it will stay in there until i the motor stops working :) but thanks a lot for the suggestions :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProBlitz said:

tried to drill the striped screw on the motor pinion with no success xD i think i will leave it there until the motor burns out xD

use vaseline while drilling. and resist the urge to use full speed. when drilling hard things slow and steady wins the race...

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It's a floureon 4200mah that I charged up to 3.80 each cell so it must of been a week cell. I've also noticed mine don't hold there charge when I charge them the night before.

mine are fine when it comes to holding a charge, they seem to hold for a few days

use vaseline while drilling. and resist the urge to use full speed. when drilling hard things slow and steady wins the race...

mine are fine when it comes to holding a charge, they seem to hold for a few days

Seen as my Outback has seen a lot of action in mud and deep water I thought it's best to give it a good clean and change the shock oil. So, fresh 30wt oil added to all shocks, greased inside the axles, bearings out and cleaned in wd40, and a general check of all screws around it - all still tight. Ready for its next testing time!

Learnt a valuable lesson today. If bashing at a very wet, very muddy BMX track look whats the other side of big jumps. I went over one and couldn't see the truck land the other side, all I did see was the splash from the very big puddle that my truck landed in :( The truck ran for about another 5 mins and then stopped working. After that I decided to call it a day much to the disappointment of my son who was enjoying bashing his Bugsta in the mud.

I have blown out as much water as I can, with the air gun, out of the electronics and they are now drying out in a bowl of rice. So time will tell if anything has died.

But running the trucks in all that water and mud was probably the best 10 mins of rc I've ever had :D

4 hours ago, t2boats said:

Seen as my Outback has seen a lot of action in mud and deep water I thought it's best to give it a good clean and change the shock oil. So, fresh 30wt oil added to all shocks, greased inside the axles, bearings out and cleaned in wd40, and a general check of all screws around it - all still tight. Ready for its next testing time!

didnt think you could wd40 the bearings, will you be lubricating them after?

3 hours ago, stretch said:

Wd40 isn't a lubricant, you need to use light machine oil or similar after if you have to use it.

hi mate, yeah i know.i used wd40 first time and been told not to do that and that i had to lubricate it straight after.

Weather held today so i got the X2 out for a good play.

Went from this:
741b0972e7ea97ad1570845928008838.jpg

To this:
f96dcc11781cb3340a2c7c8d9ef459ba.jpg

158581ebe27722c3763c393a16f3d6e4.jpg

A mate flipped it on an unsighted pothole, and i caught it on slowmo :lol:

Edit: More video and pics to follow in my thread

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

crashed my wr8 and lost a rear dogbone,,
so decided to take the eb4 buggy out,,what by the way kicks ass i love it,full of power and handles on the grass a dream,,but sadly on the drive back to my house the steering completely woundnt work,i walked towards it to inspect then smoke started coming from under the shell,,
ive fried the servo lol,suppose it could have been worse like a lipo fire what i originally thought [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh and i changed the motor on my savage 5t from the toro 1650kv to the hobbywing 2200kv motor and wow what a diffrence so much more speed
got a tad bored of playing with cars so took my cheapo drone out and was all good until a freak gust of wind from nowhere made me loose control and i crashed into thankfully my own house but smashing two props so ill need to order some new parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk