• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, Tug said:

I find bashing with others blows the cobwebs off, such a laugh running wheel to wheel, side by side off of ramps etc. That's a sure fire way to get the smiles back! 

Any sort of tx time helps me. I bolted my Badlands to BLBB this morning and started launching it off the Prom on to the beach 4 feet below. I'm giggling to myself as I type this, just remembering the sight of it flying through the air.

36 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Any sort of tx time helps me. I bolted my Badlands to BLBB this morning and started launching it off the Prom on to the beach 4 feet below. I'm giggling to myself as I type this, just remembering the sight of it flying through the air.

Yeah, can't see me ever getting bored of this hobby. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yeah, can't see me ever getting bored of this hobby. 

You and me best haul ass to Yorkshire and get our metal-loving friend bashing again.

• Like 1

Just now, Tug said:

Reckon he's just doing it wrong? 

Overthinking? 

I blame the Prawn, 2 years in Photo Retail killed my love of photography for years. 

5 hours ago, Noj said:

The hobby, for me, is stale and boring, done everything I could wish for, nowhere new to go.....

Working on the other side also opens ones eyes immensely....

I felt the same a few months ago, I packed a lot up and sold a bit. I went down to one car (from two). Now that I've got less invested in the hobby I don't feel obligated to go and use my Rc every week. I enjoy it more now only having one Rc than when I had 5+. That's just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Overthinking? 

I blame the Prawn, 2 years in Photo Retail killed my love of photography for years. 

Dude, two years of developing other people's naughty photos, not your own, does that to ya! :36_11_6[1]:

• Like 2

Just now, Tug said:

Dude, two years of developing other people's naughty photos, not your own, does that to ya! :36_11_6[1]:

We didn't have an on site lab, but I did see some things.........................................................................................................................................

With some of the bits I had around:

Using these m + f

s-l225.jpg

one of these

13446t(4).jpg

And this 22awg

s-l225.jpg

Changed the 2 connectors on this:

s-l225.jpg

And made a nice compact 75mm long one of these

s-l225.jpg

Fits nicely in the rx box :thumbsup:

Now to finish off serving the Truggy.

Edited by dazp1976

Finished converting the xtm xlb and gave her her maiden run up and down the street.  Actually quite fun seeing something so big move so fast and the 2350kv alphastar worked Ok geared low.

27778850974_db4507bf05_o.jpg

28291153782_bdb85c777a_o.jpg

What scale is that?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Fixed my hyper St in about 5 mins flat after a slight crash last night lol.

These Hobao cars are definately robust - I hit a log at a fair speed and one of the bottom front suspension arms detached ... I thought uh oh theres going to be snapped pieces needing replaced here.

All I need to do was bend the pin that goes though the suspension arm straight again and reinstall it, job done! Couldnt believe it lol 

Tempted to have a little play with the MERV after resolving an old issue, so charged up the batteries.

2x 3S 1800 mAh MaxAmps batteries - had them for 4 years. Both charged up in a similar time and to identically indicated voltages - 12.60V. Got to be a good sign!

MaxAmps justifiably get a pasting, mainly for their prices, but these have been a good pair of batteries.

Al.

1 hour ago, TMaxxDave said:

What scale is that?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

1 hour ago, dazp1976 said:

Looks like 1/8th with normal buggy fronts and Traxxas Talon MT wheels rear. Could be fun :lol:

It's technically a 1/7, though many describe it as 1/6.  What it is is an XTM XLB, based off the XTM 1/8 chassis.  Stock there pretty underwhelming from what i've read, with niggles related to basically running 1/8 scale drivetrain in a 1/7 design.  

This one has the 6061 chassis and option upgraded shocks (still not brilliant but do the job).  Driveshafts have been beefed up also and tge centre diff has been replaced with what I think is a Hobao one (though could be a HN).  With a 13t pinion and the Alphastar 2350kv it's surprising nippy, even outside in the 25 degree plus heat didn't faze it.  Front wheels and tyres are stock, rears are from an ARRMA  truggy iirc.  Fronts are actually truggy sized and the rears 40 series so at least bespoke rubber isn't needed.

• Like 1

Figured out another way of removing stripped hex screws! And also while i was at it, I cleaned the center diff and re oiled it! Very sticky! 

Bashed Chevy Carnage to breaking point (rear body posts). A very satisfying bash, much needed. Oh, I had fitted it with Desperados/Trenchers just for the fun of it. Need me another set for "The Project" now. 

Talking of which, the low profile servo I ordered arrived today so I fitted it to "The Project" and did a test fit of the Quicrun 60a BL ESC. All I need now is the Weller solder I've got coming and I can solder on the HXT4mm connector. Oh, and to get the shell off to Mr. S. Fat for painting.

• Like 1

solderd xt90 to my new 3s lipos,, tested them in my savvy,,was great for about 30seconds then had the magical puff of smoke then flames from the esc :/ strange as it is a 150amp 6s capable hobbywing esc,and it was fine on 4s,,so a new esc again is needed,im going through a few escs lately lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Tempted to have a little play with the MERV after resolving an old issue, so charged up the batteries.

2x 3S 1800 mAh MaxAmps batteries - had them for 4 years. Both charged up in a similar time and to identically indicated voltages - 12.60V. Got to be a good sign!

MaxAmps justifiably get a pasting, mainly for their prices, but these have been a good pair of batteries.

Al.

Had a little blast in the back garden - way too small an area!!

This thing is ridiculously fast - and powerful.

Al.

Gave the LST its first run as my brother bought a couple of 2s Lipo's. 

(Though one of the batteries is having an issue balancing properly.)

and I'm wondering whether its actually worth modifying/getting a new battery tray to run 2 3s Lipo's, as the Hobbywing combo I put in it has a fair amount of power running 2 2s.

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

Gave the LST its first run as my brother bought a couple of 2s Lipo's. 

(Though one of the batteries is having an issue balancing properly.)

and I'm wondering whether its actually worth modifying/getting a new battery tray to run 2 3s Lipo's, as the Hobbywing combo I put in it has a fair amount of power running 2 2s.

Do it, LSTs can run 5 and 6s no problem B)

• Like 1

On 7/20/2016 at 17:44, capri-boy said:

It's technically a 1/7, though many describe it as 1/6.  What it is is an XTM XLB, based off the XTM 1/8 chassis.  Stock there pretty underwhelming from what i've read, with niggles related to basically running 1/8 scale drivetrain in a 1/7 design.  

This one has the 6061 chassis and option upgraded shocks (still not brilliant but do the job).  Driveshafts have been beefed up also and tge centre diff has been replaced with what I think is a Hobao one (though could be a HN).  With a 13t pinion and the Alphastar 2350kv it's surprising nippy, even outside in the 25 degree plus heat didn't faze it.  Front wheels and tyres are stock, rears are from an ARRMA  truggy iirc.  Fronts are actually truggy sized and the rears 40 series so at least bespoke rubber isn't needed.

CB you gonna beef up those chassis braces ? they look like a weak spot on a nice rig