• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Rebuilt 1 chassis, built another. 

Took the Vandal out and treated it as badly as I could, and I mean BADLY! Jumped it, rolled it, cartwheeled it, crashed it and totally bashed it. 

Damage? A bent rear shock shaft. 

I've emailed HPI who are supposed to be repairing my faulty Maverick Strada TC Evo S. Which had an issue with with random high speed reversing. Having inspected it they reckon the battery charger is at fault. Hmmm never used it or the battery that came with it. I used their 101940 lipo. So I don't get that. :(

Started to strip her down. Mainly due to new parts arriving today (see postie thread) and secondly as i think i messed up when i built the shocks so after doing some research gonna rebuild as per the video i watched :D

29dftc.jpg

Well a rather productive day for me, got lots more stuff painted (yesterday and today) managed to mount all my LEDs on the 8x8 and actually got them working.

May not sound much to some people but to someone like me who isn't usually interested in LEDs and doesn't understand control boards and all that stuff, I feel quite proud :D

IMG_4089_zpsc11d12ac.jpg

IMG_4090_zpsafe32a1c.jpg

• Like 1

LED's are in a class of there own to me the control bored gets me every time as you think you've got them right but they are in the wrong place.

I charged some batteries ready for tomorrow night time to get back to racing the carisma not been out the tube in over a month oops forgot all about it really

So after fitting the dom v2 clone pipe cudnt wait to bash the baja. Have to say very impressed with the performance gain. She flies now....only problem was this happened after 15 mins of spirited bashing......

103v43q.jpg

Anyone any ideas how this has happened. The gear was virtually unmarked before i put the new pipe on. Surely cant be the extra power thats caused this? I also discovered a bolt missing from the exhaust header and the other one was halfway out.....cud the bolt coming out have caused this as the gears are covered??

Edited by YORKSHIRENEO

So after fitting the dom v2 clone pipe cudnt wait to bash the baja. Have to say very impressed with the performance gain. She flies now....only problem was this happened after 15 mins of spirited bashing......

103v43q.jpg

Anyone any ideas how this has happened. The gear was virtually unmarked before i put the new pipe on. Surely cant be the extra power thats caused this? I also discovered a bolt missing from the exhaust header and the other one was halfway out.....cud the bolt coming out have caused this as the gears are covered??

A poor mesh is the most likely culprit. Too loose most likely.

• Like 1