• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

The Cu gasket arrived, so the manifold has been fitted.

Final fitting of the exhaust will be completed tonight, and tightening of the manifold on the Cu gasket.

Might even fire her up ..... nice!!

Al.

FIRED IT UP!!

Still fairly quiet, but with a harsher edge, and seems to have more top end - was lifting the front more easily - not easy as my FG MT weighs 18kg!!

Al.

Still not touched and only 16 hours until kickoff.

Leaving it late I think lol

Also found my rear wing mounts have melted from it being sat in the car today!

the dirt masters are at sunday not Saturday

the dirt masters are at sunday not Saturday

I found out a couple hours ago annoyingly! Been mad with work over the last week, it was a two dayer but spoke to Tony (owner) earlier and mentioned if required I'd get there early to help with track as per usual.

He laughed and informed me it was now a one dayer.

Annoyed, but bloody glad as I have 2 sets of shocks to rebuild yet

You attending?

I found out a couple hours ago annoyingly! Been mad with work over the last week, it was a two dayer but spoke to Tony (owner) earlier and mentioned if required I'd get there early to help with track as per usual.

He laughed and informed me it was now a one dayer.

Annoyed, but bloody glad as I have 2 sets of shocks to rebuild yet

You attending?

#

yeah im going, dont worry ive got 4 sets of tyres to balance, clutch to rebuild, shocks to rebuild and charge 5 batterys haha :D. looking forward to it though!!, first time doing the dirt masters, see how it compares to the nationals :)

I'd be interested to see the kit, new buggy next season looming for the SRS and whilst I like the losi, its a little bitch to setup and be stable, well especially Clanfield.

Hope you don't care about your underneath chassis :-)

My HPI Baja is being prepared for the Sussex Bashers Charity Event. I've fitted a new set of Desperado wheels + Stripped down and re-oiled my diff. Next up shock rebuild with DS o-rings etc. A busy 5 weeks for me!! :yes:

Took the FG MT out to give the pipe a good workout.

Worked fine, then seemed less so, then ... a stranger noise ....

Brought it back - as suspected, one of the new exhaust manifold bolts had come off .. and the Cu gasket swung down.

Once (nearly) cooled, found a couple more bolts and added a little dab of threadlock on them - job's a gud'un!

Finished off most of the tank, then came in.

All power is back - good.

Al.

• Like 1

Spoke about mine quite a bit today, but didn't get to drive any. Such are the joys of 12 hour weekend shifts...

Fitted my new Go . 25 engine and started breaking it in.  Used the heat cycle method driving it around, hopefully it will last me well.

Engine seems very torquey and responsive, I might even gear it up a bit.  Sounds quite smooth too , for a nitro lol.  Here it is in my very filthy slick - tyred Hyper St

IMG_0156_zps503dfc24.jpg

Stripped and cleaned the 8ight T, fitted my new Jammin jp3

IMG_0673_zps883cea7d.jpg

Also fitted a Savox1256 servo and ali horn for steering, had to modify the horn too as it was too long

9adfc8b6-4da1-4917-aca1-ed8ff9c1227d_zps

Edited by Rikardo Dust
  • Like 1

I drilled into the BMW shell today...went well. Shame its got holes BUT atleast when im out with it, dont need to worry as much about the stealth mounts not working properly :)

Realised my error regarding Carnages gearing. Thought the standard pinion was 17t. But it's a 23t. 

Finnished the 3.0 at long last, and moved on to the starter box for a service which led to a makeover once id got it appart and cracked out the caustic soda......... then the polish. Yes, I polished my starter box. Is there any meds for this?