• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Torn yet another exhaust coupler this weekend on my nitro buggy. So thought I would try something different. Started off by measuring gaps and angles on the car then welded the manifold directly onto the silencer. Don't know if it's going to work but we shall see. 

20200929_201639_copy_1612x726.jpg

20200929_201730_copy_1612x726.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

Not to my actual model, but....

planning to re-paint my SCA-1E with a more authentic colour complete with some rust and weathering after finding out the coyote shell is an almost exact copy of a Toyopet (that’s Toyota pre-‘62) Stout. 

Have been putting it off as not sure I had the skills to do it justice. Painted a piece of off-cut lexan in my proposed new colour so I could practice some rust/weathering techniques.

Quite pleased with the results of a first attempt. Far from perfect but with a bit more practice 😋👍

EF604404-436B-4C77-B86F-A38BE6BC7514.jpeg

image.jpg

Looks pretty convincing to me :thumbsup:

Used spares from the Mojave roller and modded an old kraton chassis to take the rear arms to come up with this. Need to find front brace, driveshaft and some kraton hubs to 'finish' it. Surprised to find the top brace is solid bar, chopped an re-tapped for the shorter chassis. 

_20201001_180103.JPG

• Like 2

Done a little bit more to my exhaust today. I have welded on a piece of drilled and tapped bar so I can have a proper pressure take off instead of having to push the tube into a small hole at the top. Ran out of time polishing it so will finish off tomorrow.  Not going all out with it as after so long it will be scratched up and oil stains everywhere.  It's more practical than show.

20201001_204324.jpg

• Like 1