• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

24 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Some B roads on the way home ? job done one smile back on your face ?

Did yoy think of using a Paul Walker head ? would of been my choice and would of been a nice little tribute to him 

Didnt think of that, might have a look on ebay later :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Went to my local skate park, a small area really not a park but still good fun. Managed to shear the end of my motor where it bolts together (no idea what this part is called!)

Must have given a hard knock at some point then took a hard landing into concrete [emoji24]. Thought it had just knocked the motor out of mesh but then I saw this:

e5aa8a75bf65177ab1bd86b08b2d97f6.jpg

a6ab71772fafbdea8157c1386f6ac2e4.jpg

Can’t think of any obvious fix and can’t see any spares, so will need a new motor unless any bright ideas? May try some kind of metal adhesive just to see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Mike_J_Smith said:

Went to my local skate park, a small area really not a park but still good fun. Managed to shear the end of my motor where it bolts together (no idea what this part is called!)

Must have given a hard knock at some point then took a hard landing into concrete emoji24.png. Thought it had just knocked the motor out of mesh but then I saw this:
Can’t think of any obvious fix and can’t see any spares, so will need a new motor unless any bright ideas? May try some kind of metal adhesive just to see if it works.

all i can say is you are bashing it right for sure :004:

• Like 2

Arrma has certainly won me over - Gave my nephews brushed Senton a blast over the weekend. Very impressed even on stock 8.4 Nimh it’s fun with about 25 mins run time. On 2s lipo it’s even better....

It has taken a good few knocks ( the street kerb and front end are best friends) and I have to say it’s definitely built well. For a 5 year old kid it’s perfect and he’s put at least 5-8 packs through it already and it’s not required any form of work. Literally plug in and play!

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 12:42, ChrisT said:

Finished the driver set for a Nismo.

The main set was a RHD touring car and the head was from a Subaru Brat.

wo8PjP9.jpg

aJpYQE2.jpg

JRQR6Ap.jpg

mCVJv86.jpg

izs0yix.jpg

UXbW7zu.jpg

rTmTBRK.jpg

9bl2t31.jpg

Let me know if you decide to sell the left overs from the parts tree, could do with a new front end for my brat.

looks bloody good though mate,  if you going for the f&f look, are you doing the blue decals too?

• Thanks 1

On 27/08/2018 at 20:37, Mike_J_Smith said:

Must have given a hard knock at some point then took a hard landing into concrete emoji24.png. Thought it had just knocked the motor out of mesh but then I saw this:

e5aa8a75bf65177ab1bd86b08b2d97f6.jpg

a6ab71772fafbdea8157c1386f6ac2e4.jpg

I had a motor do that when our little un got my mmt about 15ft up into a nose landing on rocks.  I used superglue.  It's still holding up. Jb weld would probably be better though. 

• Like 1

I had a motor do that when our little un got my mmt about 15ft up into a nose landing on rocks.  I used superglue.  It's still holding up. Jb weld would probably be better though. 

Yeah jb weld or something similar is the plan I think. May also glue a hose clamp around it to strengthen it up, see if that helps.

23 hours ago, big gaz said:

Let me know if you decide to sell the left overs from the parts tree, could do with a new front end for my brat.

looks bloody good though mate,  if you going for the f&f look, are you doing the blue decals too?

Thanks :thumbsup:  F&F look was an idea until I looked at the price of some of the Paul Wlaker heads, they're not cheap now lol Probably wouldn't of gone down the decal route, blue neons might be on the cards.

PM incoming.

• Like 1

Found some plastic grill in the pound shop, had an idea [emoji362].

205eb4b93002abcba27d0afa636d408f.jpg

83370b72cfd4ebbb86e9bd4c27d8e43b.jpg

Matches the colour of the sand at least.

Body’s staying off for the next run on the sand this weekend.

“Well it seamed like a good idea at the time”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tomzac66 said:

Found some plastic grill in the pound shop, had an idea emoji362.png.

205eb4b93002abcba27d0afa636d408f.jpg

83370b72cfd4ebbb86e9bd4c27d8e43b.jpg

Matches the colour of the sand at least.

Body’s staying off for the next run on the sand this weekend.

Be good sprayed black :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Re soldered the motor tabs on the ET410

What a difference a decent iron makes when soldering! All this time I thought i was just no good at it, whilst still not perfect the joints are much stronger and a darned sight neater too.

One that was done, i got the chassis skin on default_smile.png

3eb0e0de96984d3ed31164b25c561c55.jpg

• Like 1

Spanked the X2, a good run with plenty of smiles. 

I've decided that large capacity packs are too heavy an investment, so in future I'll run four 4S packs configured 2x2, still 8S, still 10,000mah, but cheaper and twice the C rating. 

10 hours ago, Tug said:

Spanked the X2, a good run with plenty of smiles. 

I've decided that large capacity packs are too heavy an investment, so in future I'll run four 4S packs configured 2x2, still 8S, still 10,000mah, but cheaper and twice the C rating. 

Which packs are you running?

2 hours ago, mond said:

Which packs are you running?

Floureon 10,000mah, 4S packs. They're 25C rated, so a theoretical 250 Amp discharge, but even these are struggling. 

18 minutes ago, Tug said:

Floureon 10,000mah, 4S packs. They're 25C rated, so a theoretical 250 Amp discharge, but even these are struggling. 

Did you also try the 8000 and 10k hobbyking ones as well?