• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

On 06/01/2018 at 17:37, stonedef said:

I plan to do that with my 1/10 stuff. After using the larger XT90 on the Outcast, that style of connector is a lot better then the Dean's

I'm mulling over whether to change my remaining deans over to XT60 (which I already have on some cars...), but TBH I've never had any issues with deans, and you see some peeps running some very high power setups on them still...  Wonder if deans can handle more current than XT60s?

Another plus with XT60, as I found out the other day, is that a male XT60 as on my dedicated nimh charger, connects up nicely to the EC3's I have on various packs now for my 1/18 SCT... :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, big gaz said:

Fitted some new boots to my trx4 

F6198728-5_C90-4173-_AF1_E-4_BC9_FE63_A4

F844_EB99-_C9_BC-45_F9-9_D5_A-2_AB9_AD11

1.9” pro line Hyrax tyres, feel quite nice too....

read really good reviews about these tyres, let us know how you get on with them and on what surface

• Thanks 1

Will do mate, hoping to get some pitbull xl’s too so can do some comparison tests, they feel really nice though.

today, fitted a new front diff in the mini revo, fitted new menu scroller in my dx4s and put some paint down on the little army truck rear bed.

quite a productive day today.

Another new member of the XT60 club here, spent tonight changing various Traxxas, Deans and Tamiya connectors.

5x ESCs and 9x 2S Lipos in total :good:

Granted my soldering skills leave a lot to be desired, but even I managed to solder these easily. Really glad I decided to switch.

• Like 1

finally got my scx10ii shell painted, its been built for a month and i've been running it like a green house on wheels but never had time or a space where i could paint it, so last night i got some dust sheets and masked up the bathroom, used a heater to warm the room and get the air dry, any over spray could be wiped off the tiles with some solvents but luckily i didn't make a mess

had to create my own masks for the rear lights as i had to buy the rear light buckets separately, was very disappointed to find out the scx10ii doesn't come with rear lights, axial have put light points on the front and rear bumpers and a huge grill/light bucket on the front but nothing for the rear, even my cheap tamiya tt-02 has decent light buckets all around and lights supplied

20180111_202318.jpg

Fitted the new Tekno springs to the Outcast and took it over to the park for a bash. They are a lot better then the standard ones,  though the suspension still needs tweaking but its getting there.

And got told by some 8/9 year old I wasn't 'cool' because I wouldn't let him have a go. He told me his 'RC Ferrari' was quicker then the Outcast and he could handle it. Then his gran told him 'leave the man alone to play with his toys' :( :lol:

And I'm liking this going out and not breaking stuff :thumbsup:

Edited by stonedef
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stonedef said:

And got told by some 8/9 year old I wasn't 'cool' because I wouldn't let him have a go. He told me his 'RC Ferrari' was quicker then the Outcast and he could handle it. Then his gran told him 'leave the man alone to play with his toys' :( :lol:

Yeah, he can handle it, until he crashes. And we don't need to be cool to 8/9 year olds. Within the RC car community, we are all cool. I would like to see his ferrari then!

Just now, locky said:

Robinson pinion made of cheese? Not seen that before. Perhaps the Flux tranny is best solution. Was that on 4S, 5S?

Seem like it, 5S. And about a minute on 5S at that!

A  proper update and video is on it's way for my build thread, so you can find out more once I have got that all sorted.