• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, bombercountynick said:

Stuck some old thunder tiger TC wheels onto the LC, ripped it around the street, what a blast!!! 

Very undergeared on these though coming from the truggy wheels!.

@capri-boy think I could run these on carpet?! it would probably handle ok!

LC.jpg

I think you could - I'm going to try some foams this weekend, may even get a set of Schuey carpet dragons to try.  That EOS was mightily grippy.

From Thurs eve to 1am this morning I re-tracked Frank the Tank and gave him a tour of his new home and repaired the damage sustained by Carnage on his last bash, including replacing the bumper bolts, the front drive cup grubscrew that hadn't just backed out but had left the building altogether! Then rebuilt all the shocks, new shafts needed up front following an impact with a large pebble................

The outback got its new hobbywing esc and a new tactic ttx300 radio! Much nicer to use now with a drag brake!! Also chopped off the light mounts from my new roof mounted luggage rack and painted the wounds! Oh, and swapped the locations of the battery and esc too. IMG_5941.thumb.JPG.fb2d6544210d8be69759a6ea6dd668df.JPG

3 hours ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

cleaned them,charged some lipos ready for a bash, also experienced my first lipo fire,,it was a seriously unballanced lipo so i was force charging it using the nimh option on the charger so it was my own fault completely,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have a lead made up so you can do each cell on it's own. Worked a treat when I had one miles out. Then do the normal charge when they're close. Stops you throwing everything into the one cell initially to bring it up when using nimh.

Mines a 4mm with 2 pins from a balance connector at the end so I can then just push the pins in the connector for the required cell.

Worth having one to hand just in case.

Hope there wasn't too much damage from the fire.

• Like 1

Had some decent bearings to stick in the Aqroshot and ended up getting a little carried away!

7a4907db6eea95bedcc650beb1d81b7c.jpg

I know I'll regret putting all the metal components back on next time I hit something hard but I'm a sucker for a bit of bling [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got a bit eager waiting for parts to arrive for the EB48 and started to pull bits off it, noticed three shocks had too much oil in them - the rears had so much in them the chassis wouldn't bottom out lol.

Ripped the Baja to bits and fitted BBRC steel gearing and rear RPM arms

E424D324-1700-44B8-88F1-E5F982CB74ED_zps

3641BB8B-2AA5-4461-9638-F7D038022FAC_zps

C3058015-3BD9-47AB-AAA4-800945643A73_zps

Still got the front RPM arms to fit yet, but I'm waiting on a Threshold bulkhead (which I'm picking up tomorrow) :) 

• Like 1

a194c678b4858ec7ea846086dfd13080.jpg
Done a mock up of the FLM arms I just got from DDM £236 delivered(in 48h) better than £280 + postage in the U.K.
I did have kraken extended arms but with the new cage/chassis come from roof chopper they just didn't look rightf0ed30d8f71f89bff4348f0cea88989e.jpg thought I would give these a try too. With hostile hubs [emoji35] nightmare to fit. Slightly thicker that stock hinge pins but I got there in the end

• Like 1

Finished the soldering on the EB48 and gave it a run down the carpark. 

First couple of runs up and down and it looked plenty quick enough, until I remembered the rx came out of my X2 and so had the throttle endpoint turned down to 60 odd %. Turned it back up to 100% and gave it another run, and goes like a stabbed rat!

Heard good things about these TrackStar 8th scale motors and i can see why people rate these up there with the likes of Tekin. Despite me running the motor  sensorless, it's plenty smooth down low and bags of power on tap higher up the range, with enough grunt to pick up the front wheels on a hard launch. £48 well spent!

IMG_3528.JPG