• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

More tweaking to my Tamiya Lunchbox, but I wish it was warmer so I could spray the body.

My son and I took our Buggys over to the local park and unfortunately his Bugsta didn't survive the trip again

WP_20161227_15_04_47_Pro_LI_zpsyadsugsz.

Both bottom suspension arm holders and the servo saver broke. My Amp survived with nothing broken, just some more war wounds to the shell

Edited by stonedef

Had a play with the steering setup and found some other bits which will need to be replaced - steering linkages.

Set a little pre-load on the front suspension.

My first Cartwheel while testing it in the street [emoji1]

Rear wheel came of at reasonable speed while trying to show off the speed to my neighbour [emoji38]

But all in all cant wait to get it out and mucky , hopefuly a trip to temple newsam tomorrow may come off

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stonedef said:

More tweaking to my Tamiya Lunchbox, but I wish it was warmer so I could spray the body.

My son and I took our Buggys over to the local park and unfortunately his Bugsta didn't survive the trip again

WP_20161227_15_04_47_Pro_LI_zpsyadsugsz.

Both bottom suspension arm holders and the servo saver broke. My Amp survived with nothing broken, just some more war wounds to the shell

That's a scene I've witnessed many times! Have had my Carnage apart more than I care to remember!

I fitted some decals to a new 1/8 Subaru Rally body shell for my brushless Hyper7 and removed the Hyper7 rear wing and mount. Need to fit the body post kit and position the shell ready for drilling.

13 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

That's a scene I've witnessed many times! Have had my Carnage apart more than I care to remember!

Yeah everytime he takes the Bugsta out its always the front suspension that breaks. Not sure if its bad design or brittle plastics on FTX parts but it is a pain

9 minutes ago, stonedef said:

Yeah everytime he takes the Bugsta out its always the front suspension that breaks. Not sure if its bad design or brittle plastics on FTX parts but it is a pain

Could be both. Would annoy me more if I didn't enjoy the rig so much.

10 hours ago, ProBlitz said:

installed aluminium caster blocks on the rustler and stripped the motor pinion screw xD will have a hard time removing it :crying:

Ah gutted mate, I think that's something almost every modeller has had the misfortune to experience. I've always tried using a decent Allen key and lean it on a slight angle when turning, sometimes it's worked but when that's failed it's the good old pillar drill and a new drill bit. 

10 hours ago, ProBlitz said:

installed aluminium caster blocks on the rustler and stripped the motor pinion screw xD will have a hard time removing it :crying:

I done that once! The day before I was suppose to take the car out, I was doing last minute checks and forgot to do the pinion up and so I did but stripped it out. When i got back I just pried the pinion off with a flat head screwdriver and then drilled out the grub screw. So annoying when you strip screws! 

you are both right.... i will try a lot of ways to see if i can remove it without have to drill it, pliers are a good way to remove stripped screws but in most cases you dont have grip :( the problem with this was so tight i tried so hard i ended stripping it...

Decided to see if a 3s pack would fit in Brushless Baby Monster Badger. It does. So the next obvious move was to see if the gearbox/diff would survive. It did. 

• Like 1

Looked at the Apache in the box, decided it was too cold in the man cave and left it int here.  Cba with things atm.  Took a call from a mate wanting something cheap for his little un to run whilst Dad had fun with his.... found a spare micro, charged a lipo, checked it over, tested it, demo'd it when they came round then promptly put it all away again as it was 'too small' in the flesh.  Lipo discharged to storage 1st of course.

Ces't la vie.

Changed the gearing on the blitz to take a 3s. 19/88,  Motor was 41 degrees. ESC 32 degrees and the battery about 15. Insane turn of pace! However even Badlands couldnt get the grip down on grass...

Changed the connector on the lads amp to deans so he can have a big 2s 6200 mah pack in there. No lipo alarm but checked regularly while bashing and was fine. Much better turn of speed and about an hour and a quarter runtime, so smiles all round from him and i got to test the blitz and hyper in relative peace.

All this testing took place at Sizewell beach in Suffolk (yes the nuclear plant). Lad is well and truly hooked on the hobby as he wants to go out again tomorrow. Thankfully the Amp MT is a tough little truck and so far no issues. I must admit I had a go and its an amusing thing to drive, very rewarding and surprisingly quick on a 2s. I will swap out the stock ESC and RX combo to a conventional setup (1060 and hobbyking quanum)

All in all a very good day out!

Edited by cookie666uk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

Changed the gearing on the blitz to take a 3s. 19/88,  Motor was 41 degrees. ESC 32 degrees and the battery about 15. Insane turn of pace! However even Badlands couldnt get the grip down on grass...

Changed the connector on the lads amp to deans so he can have a big 2s 6200 mah pack in there. No lipo alarm but checked regularly while bashing and was fine. Much better turn of speed and about an hour and a quarter runtime, so smiles all round from him and i got to test the blitz and hyper in relative peace.

All this testing took place at Sizewell beach in Suffolk (yes the nuclear plant). Lad is well and truly hooked on the hobby as he wants to go out again tomorrow. Thankfully the Amp MT is a tough little truck and so far no issues. I must admit I had a go and its an amusing thing to drive, very rewarding and surprisingly quick on a 2s. I will swap out the stock ESC and RX combo to a conventional setup (1060 and hobbyking quanum)

All in all a very good day out!

I love my Amp MT, its what got me back into RC. I swapped out the combo esc/rx for the 1060 and used a Tactic RX/TX setup. I also dropped in an 81t spur, 25t pinion, a Redcat Blackout 550 brushed motor and a 2S lipo. Goes very quick now but can be a bit of an handful on really loose or wet stuff. But its still a lot of fun and virtually bulletproof