• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Made the 'ghetto nitro' as I've now named it. It's a Mantua (Italian) still unsure of the model but it has a .21 engine in it, got it in a joblot with no radio gear and bits falling off. started first pull which was quite shocking. Made a ghetto radio box out of a Savox servo case, fitted a couple of servo's and a dodgy exhaust and it's been blasting around the garden. Sounds a lot different to modern .21's more of a deep growl but is very quick and revvy. Will hopefully get a suitable exhaust and less garbage radio box but this was purely to get it working :lol:b82d5daf58af396d687629e3caa8c2c2.jpg

e7474bbec989eb5b58b4c52642ffbc5b.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Hound said:

CB you gonna beef up those chassis braces ? they look like a weak spot on a nice rig 

:thumbsup:

It's on the list - the stock braces are pretty poor and it's a known weak point - that said the upgraded chassis this has is one of the solutions, though it does still need bracing.  

I've half a mind to fabricate a complete top deck/link though aesthetically I find such solutions awful.   

Started work on my buggy.

Drilled the top plate so my battery fits a little better.

4cfdde4a1949bab3341b4708572eda60.jpg

Then drilled the holes for body posts.. fits quite well...

2042bda978647d98be92df66dc376bf6.jpg825dfa81c35f2f790d48fafcdb783e61.jpg

Then I masked up the windows ready for spraying

6a64c949e4eb6e6c26f65a3fad69c240.jpg41df7c6fe2d443c97cfb1d79e51ab958.jpg339811c8713ad25ded1168234297497e.jpg

Will be spraying Jet black with this..

93d806fe95d495e03cb4f77663dac7ce.jpg

Will spray it later today once child is occupied by someone else. :D

... 2 layers in.

742cb22e0815e8b939d9de82c93ac182.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jet Black Vandal. Sounds like a Nu-Metal band! Looks bloomin' good though Nic, way more stealthy than the lurid shell it comes with. 

I bashed the Baby Badger today, found a nice, empty forest car park and kicked up some cracking plumes of dust. Should really get some more grippy rears. On the plus side, slick tyres coupled with a 4370kv can and a fresh 2s pack on a loose surface is a great way of learning throttle control! It was possible to do flat out runs but only after a very slow pull away and long acceleration zone. Merely grabbing a finger full of throttle led to very little forward momentum.

• Like 1

Jet Black Vandal. Sounds like a Nu-Metal band! Looks bloomin' good though Nic, way more stealthy than the lurid shell it comes with.

Thanks. It looks better in person. Just trying to think of a way to protect the paint. As I sprayed it from the inside but my battery cable rubs on the shell so might tape the inside or something.

6 minutes ago, Nic01 said:

Thanks. It looks better in person. Just trying to think of a way to protect the paint. As I sprayed it from the inside but my battery cable rubs on the shell so might tape the inside or something.

I like Gorilla Tape for shells. Shoe Goo is the Forum favourite, along with dry wall scrim tape. 

• Like 1

Decided to mix a bit of fresh fuel and fire up the big FG MT.

It has been over 12 months since it was last fired up, then emptied for Winter storage ... took a few pulls, then remembered the primer bulb, couple more pulls and she fired up very nicely. Had a little blast around the garden, but remembered the neighbours were having a nice relaxed 'chat' ... so after a little more, I cut power.

Ed - nearly 10 - got his Stampede Digger out. I'd forgotten to tell him it had had a battery change, from the normal NiMH 7-cell 8.4V to a big capacity 3S LiPo - on offer at HK perhaps 6-8 months ago - it certainly flies now, and takes a beating!!

I brought the 1/18 Novak Mongoose powered LST all alloy Raminator - went very well and both Stampede Digger and mini-Raminator took a little 'gentle beating'.

Bit of spontaneous fun.

The Digger was running for a good 20+ minutes - good to discharge the battery to a better 'storage voltage'.

Al.

First time getting the new jumps right :D

New engine pulling like a train - bottom end power is almost explosive, it needs gearing up though as i'm having to hold back on the throttle on the second main straight.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

Spent most of the day stripping and rebuilding Chevy Carnage. I had a small parcel of bits turn up from the Prawn today so I was able to replace the main diff gear which had lost a few teeth and had two of the screws pull through. After the diff was rebuilt I slipped a new set of CVDs in and replaced the spur and slipper gaskets. The back end was then rebuilt with new diff housings and body posts. This done, the front end came off and was stripped, cleaned and rebuilt with no new parts needed. I also refilled the front shocks. 

not today but the other day i made some rear crud guards for the hyper out of an olf shower gel bottle. theyre tough as old boots so should take a beating. also messed about with the ascender. made a video yesterday with the boy in the woods but itll have to wait for payday as my license needs paying for 

Nope. I found out what the problem was it was the return fuel line had split where it passes through the black grommet on the tank (it was split inside the grommet which is why I never noticed it). Replaced it and gave it a 15-20min run and it was fine.

Misplaced the shock spring retainer :doh:

Edit: Ordered a set from Wheelspin, lets see how that goes eh!! 

Still charge £3.50 p&p for basically a £1 large letter plastic item below 100g weight. Rip-off :o

Edited by dazp1976

Smashed into a hidden rock going roughly 60, flew straight in the air! Luckily the only damage was screw that broke, allowing the wheel to dangle about. I also done this f3feaeb6902205bbeb45ad3e68c3f6bc.jpg   

10/10 would do again!

Edited by Brandon