• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

13 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

My monies on that not surviving 🤪🤣🤣

It took it, repeatedly. I was as surprised as you are 🤣 One hit was particularly bad, I hit the same jump flat out and it landed upside down on the edge of the coping. I expected to be scooping up the parts but it just rolled away! I'll post up some footage soon 🙂

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

228-C3-F3-C-6859-4820-8-DEE-07886-A9-A14

BBD3-E6-CC-4-B34-4-B5-D-99-EF-C3-AA8-ABB

We loved them so much we even converted them to 2wd 😂

B65-B87-EA-C410-4-DF9-94-B5-8-B239-B66-C

The middle pic looks like SHRCCC?

• Like 1

This happened to the little lads Tamiya whilst driving on smooth carpet indoors and not hitting anything. Exploded thanks to Tamiya using glass instead of plastic 😕

IMG_20220824_204709652.thumb.jpg.9e31951ea0cfe6e0b3109d69fe4948f1.jpg

This upgraded spare wouldn't fit, not enough clearance for the rod ends.

IMG_20220824_205218873.thumb.jpg.e2dd43fdace68ab0a3a9631abb114eb1.jpg

So I did this instead to the broken one, should last a while at least.

IMG_20220826_194054044.thumb.jpg.d84887945a04372ad1caf1aac05a270e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 25/08/2022 at 23:14, Borked said:

At last Sunday’s race meet there were some comments from other racers about the “technical competence” of the previous owner of my cars. The XB4 I got from him seems ok, but I haven’t driven the 6.1 yet - carpet season starts next month and it’s an indoor car. 

I thought I’d dig into the B6.1 to check it was put together properly. Very glad I did because it’s not!

Parts fitted backwards, upside down, on the wrong side!

I wonder if this is the reason you got such a good deal for the whole package with them wanting to get out of the hobby. Unaware how bad they'd put together a car and just thought it was their driving ability/didn't enjoy it as much as they thought. There's a big difference betweeen having a badly set up car but it being predictably bad and what you're describing! Glad you caught it before you started racing it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReggieC said:

I wonder if this is the reason you got such a good deal for the whole package with them wanting to get out of the hobby. Unaware how bad they'd put together a car and just thought it was their driving ability/didn't enjoy it as much as they thought. There's a big difference betweeen having a badly set up car but it being predictably bad and what you're describing! Glad you caught it before you started racing it!

Yeah I’m wondering the same thing!

2 hours ago, ReggieC said:

When we stop racing outside I’ll have to do the same to the XB4