• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

i put some netting over the fan for the hyper 7 to stop stones and stuff getting in.

WmwSzZr.jpg

went over the vse threadlocking screws and checking they were tight etc and stickered it up a bit.

HgeBlss.jpg

then i got the wing mount and wing from dads old trophy truggy as a stop gap, which should offer some protection to the back shock tower and i put nandas on it as the other tyres didnt hold up to well with yesterdays bashing 🙂

vZJFYwG.jpg

WOnYIZx.jpg

Try a dusty motor cover stops everything getting m8b

20210428_141054.jpg

• Like 3

Well fixed the H7 today 

Upon checking it earlier today i found that the screw had pulled out the bottom of steering knuckle and it seems it was a field repair many years ago lol where i had used a shorter screw it was only into the knuckle about 3 mm :rofl:

Sourced a better longer screw and its screwed in threadlocked and is solid for now :good:

• Like 3

Snapped the hex on the 1.5 driver on the pinion grub screw. That was fun to get out...changed to a metal spur gear and pinion on the XT, went for a 64T and 19T compared to the original of I think 48 and 13? It was stripped so it needed done.

Went to replace front diff on the MT as I lost FWD on it. Pulled it apart, put 50k diff oil in it, replaced it, tested it. Still no FWD. Further investigation lead to rear diff being pulled off, noticed the centre drive shaft had a pin missing from the rear diff cup side and the rear diff cup was damaged (bent where the pin should have been). so replaced them both. Noticed the pinion gear was mega loose on the MT. Grub screw somehow managed it's way loose, so figured I'd pull it and replace the spur and pinion with the metal ones, same as the XT. No idea how the spur gear survived with the pinion literally moving up and down the motor freely. Whilst I was at that I pulled the rear diff and filled that with 30k oil. Stuck it all back together and boom! All working as intended.

Noticed the MT had a bent shock, so pulled them all and decided to rebuild the shocks with thinner oil; 500 cSt. Currently sitting half assembled. Also going to order another set of Quantum Flux + springs, along with some additional pivot balls as I don't have any of those. Shocks might be a bit soft, so will adjust the spring rates on them until the new springs come. Then finally replaced the snapped body post mount on the MT as well. Just waiting till after work to finish rebuild the shocks and stick it all back together. Think the rear axles were ever-so-slightly bent, and had a few HD ones so stuck them on. Also I think one of the front axles is slightly bent as well so will replace them as I've got another set of HD ones. Going to throw another shim on the axles as well if I can. 

Also re-calibrated the ESC for the MT as it had lost reverse and only worked intermittently. That works fine now as well.

Think that's everything. All-in-all, I was on it for about 4/5 hours...wife was not overly impressed as I didn't get into bed until 1:30 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Fitted a set of Treal axles to the Ryft 

958-A67-EE-D970-4-FE2-9-C50-B7-CAB690-DA

BA93-A81-E-178-B-498-F-98-D6-8-FB0-A13-C

CA301-F47-9-DFD-4-D95-9566-790030-E033-B

Wot no Vitavon ?? 🤔

• Like 1