• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is it just me

animal47

That can't bring himself to use a new truck for fear of scratching it.

Don't get me wrong my hyper and mgt were in near new condition when I bought them and I had no trouble bashing them but I just can't bring myself to use my recently acquired revo 3.3.

It doesn't help that it looks as if it had a small fortune spent on it as it certainly isn't stock but I only bought a revo as I wanted to know if they were as good as people made out but the way things are going I may never find out as it is too perfect to risk damaging, I have only put 2 tanks through it since I bought it just after Christmas and I am seriously thinking of selling it rather than break it. I wanted a decent one and this was advertised as being in vgc but when I opened the box it was like OMG it must have been driven on cotton wool lol.

I know people have motors that are purely shelf queens but I have never been into that and normally like my stuff to get well used so just can't work out why I can't do it this time, I even got a spare used shell so as not to damage the beauty that it came with but I can't even bring myself to risk the chassis getting scratched. God I wish I had bought a tatty one lol.

Decisions decisions.

Edited by animal47

I'm the same with my Lunchbox. But that maybe something to do with the fact that I'd wanted one since I was about 7-8 and finally got one when I was about 30...lol

Although my MT2 looks like a shelf queen it has been ragged about, same as my Hyper. But I've always taken care of my things, so I'd never run the cars as hard as a lot of people.

Use the spare shell on it for bashing or whatever. Then after you've lovingly cleaned it, the car can be a shelf queen until its next outing. Parts can be replaced easy enough :good:

use it and abuse it as it will take everything you throw at it and still keep goin i had mine hit a tree square on i thought thats it ive broke somthin went over picked it up shook it nothin was hangin off so droped it on the floor a hit the throttle

I know how you feel, my T4 is still as new, only run it on tarmac, it looks mint and so I just can't get it dirty. But I agree with the others, bash it, if you don't someone else will, it's only a toy after all, a mere trinket to amuse yourself with. Now go cane it!

I was the same with my Hotbodies D8 Hara, still am really, took it out on a car park the other day so it wouldn't get too dirty, had a bad grip roll moment and it was on its rear wing and front shock tower for about 100yrds, scratched and gutted but thought, well thats took the newness out of it and im ready to bash it now, two new shells coming freshly painted from Jon Miller, one for keeps and one to get battered....happy days.

Hmmm not sure, made all the harder because I have so many other nitros that get well abused and do all the things that the revo could do so it seems a waste.

Sell it, keep it, sell it, keep it, oh I don't know lol.

I'm completely the opposite lol. My X1 CR-E looked brand new when it was finished. The very first thing I did when it was complete and RTR was take it into the garden and proceed to destroy my brand new tyres and get it muddy. I had a huge smile on my face after lol. I was like POOOWWWAAAHHHH! Haha.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

Well even more unsure now as i have just been to watch the hormanns racing at sweetnap and they are awesome as was the track and only 35 mins from me.

Going to hang on for a bit until the nitro racing starts at springleaze and have a watch of that before i make my mind up whether or not to sell up and go for petrol or stick with nitro.

I was the same with my Hotbodies D8 Hara, still am really, took it out on a car park the other day so it wouldn't get too dirty, had a bad grip roll moment and it was on its rear wing and front shock tower for about 100yrds, scratched and gutted but thought, well thats took the newness out of it and im ready to bash it now, two new shells coming freshly painted from Jon Miller, one for keeps and one to get battered....happy days.

LMAO exctly the same as me with the VE8, was gutted when I scratched the front tower lol