• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your work shop

Gibzy

12 hours ago, QRC said:

Managed to clear the required space this morning and get the bench assembled, minus the back, nearly broke my back lift the shelves and top on, only feeling mild discomfort at work now, luckily we have a vehicle with heated seats tonight !!. :D

Where are the :coolpics:??

10 minutes ago, mond said:

Did you build that or buy it? It's nice. 

A bit of both, prefabricated by a local company to me, shipped in pieces, which weighed a ton, then I built/ assembled in my man cave.

13 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Now that looks sturdy enough for the 5th scale. Looks great though.

im too embarrassed to post up a pic of mine :whistling: :ph34r:

I would say, you could put a real V8 engine on the bench, no issues. :D

12 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Very nice... get something on it to seal the wood, even some clean engine oil, just to stop the enevitable staining! :) 

Sometimes wish I had done that with my other bench, off out and about today, normal Friday for me, taken the day off from work and typical it’s raining. Will pick out some clear sealant.

More_Recently.jpg

Not as much used for RC's, this is more for building my racing lawn mowers, hence the engines and gearboxes lying around. It has proved very useful for RC things though, like building my own dogbones, savage motor mount and all my other modifications. Yes, that is a lawn mower chassis on the right and the rear axle on the workbench. Not bad for a teenager right, I break all the steryotypes, I know. If people are interested I can show you how that mower is going, but it is quite off topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/02/2018 at 17:13, QRC said:

Smaller scale workbench installed,

Small scale bench

Ive seen these on eBay and been tempted, I have a summer house I'm going to use but its got a big settee/pull out bed in it thats only been used a few times, seems too painful to throw it away!

That looks brilliant though, I think i need to do it, missus wont let the cars take over the house and could be a good little man cave!

On 28/03/2018 at 13:37, RobFandango said:

Ive seen these on eBay and been tempted, I have a summer house I'm going to use but its got a big settee/pull out bed in it thats only been used a few times, seems too painful to throw it away!

That looks brilliant though, I think i need to do it, missus wont let the cars take over the house and could be a good little man cave!

This was the company I used, very good service, arrived pre fabricated, just had to bolt/ screw together, the pieces weighed a ton !!, still managed to put together on my own. The top is MDF so I purchased a small can of a sealing stuff and gave it a couple of coats,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322652987447

On 4/8/2018 at 18:38, re1ated said:

(mini)Mancave is in the point that i can work there :D Still lots of unpacking and organizing to do.. :boredlook:

That's some cracking use of space, really makes me rethink where my PC could live.