• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My guide to TT01 Drifting

-BEZ-

Found the diff screws in the end :)

Got my new chassis on Friday and built it up (pics to follow)

Took it out for a few minutes today and I like it, feels a lot more solid.

Its spinning too easily though, is this because there's too much weight at the back?

Found the diff screws in the end :)

Got my new chassis on Friday and built it up (pics to follow)

Took it out for a few minutes today and I like it, feels a lot more solid.

Its spinning too easily though, is this because there's too much weight at the back?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey,

i'm a complete beginner to rc drifting (and rc in general), with no knowledge whatsoever. I thought it would be the smartest thing to start basic, after a couple of days of googling I think a TT01ED (kit) is not the worst choice. I'm just not entirely sure if I should go for a D or ED, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by m4inbrain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Really enjoyed reading this from start to finish. I am a newbie to the world of rc and i have just aquired a tt01 but i do have a question or two. I have just ordered a ally prop shaft and the two connetors that the shaft sits in as i dont have the front one. Could someone please post a picture of what should be on the front is it 2 bearings and then the cog ? I have also ordered a full set of bearings for this two and i intend to lock the rear diff up later today.

Many thanks

Graham

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Really enjoyed reading this from start to finish. I am a newbie to the world of rc and i have just aquired a tt01 but i do have a question or two. I have just ordered a ally prop shaft and the two connetors that the shaft sits in as i dont have the front one. Could someone please post a picture of what should be on the front is it 2 bearings and then the cog ? I have also ordered a full set of bearings for this two and i intend to lock the rear diff up later today.

Many thanks

Graham

Have just done the same and joined up... im running an 8 year old tt-01 chassis which i gave away to a family member years ago. Didn't realise i would be able to make it slide. 

Ive bought a few mods, HPI Drift tyres, ballrace kit, new sensorless motor, esc, lip battery and new charger. and also a locked rear diff. its amazing how many mods you can get for this chassis. but i do wonder why when you can buy a more capable chassis for the same kind of money. 

thanks for the advice ill definitely be using it and cant wait to get my car sliding. I attended a test night at a local RC drift track and its safe to say im hooked! ha ha. 

Graham. I had my chassis stripped and cleaned over the last few days and put it back together again last night and remember the front diff having a bearing, then a plastic spacer (same size as the bearing) then another bearing and the cog.

ill try attaching a pic but im new so not sure if im able.

image.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im looking for some wide angle drive shafts for the front but the only ones i can find in the uk are the 3racing swing shafts but have read reviews saying they are only good for 40degree max, really like the look of the active hobby AC432 http://banzaihobby.com/active-hobby-ac423-sals but these are out of stock everywhere.

Ive found these http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Racing-Adjustable-Universal-Shaft-Drive-Joint-RC-1-10-Sakura-D3-CS-XIS-Parts-/331532598033?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE which could possibly be modified to fit, they are for the sakura, does anybody know whether they might work with a bit of modding or are the sakura cups, pins, stub shafts totally different sizes?

if not any suggestions would be great. thanks

Edited by JamboV6

I bought the car 2nd hand a few years ago and it came with loads of 3racing alloy upgrades, its just the front stock shafts are dead and need replacing regardless so thought id put some better ones on to allow me to mod the steering and gain more angle, i dont use it that much so not going silly on it, ive got a HPI Firestorm for that :-)

• 5 years later...
9 hours ago, Kyriakos said:

Hello dear friend and I would like to thank you for your amazing post! 

I would like to ask you if you ever tried to change the plastic gear spur with the 64T metal HSP spur gear? Is it possible? 

BRs, 

Kyriakos 

Metal spurs aren't all that great. A well meshed plastic one will be fine. 

• Thanks 1