• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my Traxxas Summit

Joe Tosh

So, I've got a brand new Summit since last Friday woohoo!! :)

1zy8phe.jpg

64oys8.jpg

But really, I am going crazy.... :aww::wacko::(

There's loads of snow....

I've got the greatest basher for these conditions....

I've got it all set up to go out and have a blast...

But I can't.....:(

Because the TX/RX on it is busted :errok::boo::banghead::crybaby:

Haven't driven it for one single meter yet!

Well, they are gonna replace it, but I have to wait till thursday for the replacement to come in... :(

Pffffffff......

Edited by Joe Tosh

Got it from a local shop, got a nice deal on it (now I know why :whistling::D )

Well, not so local, about 100 km's away.

It was his last Summit in stock, otherwise he would have swapped it immediately.

He called the importer, they are gonna send a new Tx/Rx.

First i thought it was the ESC, I almost bought the EVX-2 of you, 19 inch ;) , but it's the radio.

Look at a vid of the problem... :(

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/j7gupg/6

and

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/10hu4o7/6

Yeah I guess I could run it on 2ch with my firestorm or Baja Tx/Rx, but pfff... Got to dismount from one of those then and I really wanna try Hi/lo gear and diff-locks! :(

Also I prefer to go back to the shop with it unused for now.

Yeah I'm really ****** indeed :angry:

Of course, it's not the sellers fault, but I've got an expensive unwanted shelf queen now since 5 days!! AAAAARGGH!! :rolleyes:

First I missed the bargain of the century on that ex-demo Summit and now this. We won't be getting good friends like this lol.

And temps outside are up here since today , snow's beginning to melt slowly :crybaby:

I really bought it for that purpose.

I'm just glad I didn't get it of ebay in the US or so, that could have been a real nightmare for this problem.

You should as him to change it for the 2.4ghz one for you trouble.biggrin.gif

I guess he won't agree :lol:

Edited by Joe Tosh

I'm bloody jeleous now Joe and the same colour I was gonna go for too,cant wait to see what you think but whatever you think i'm still gonna get one this year,they look totally awesome.I know it'll be frustrating but when you get it running finally it'll be all the sweeter for it....good.gif

I'm bloody jeleous now Joe and the same colour I was gonna go for too,cant wait to see what you think but whatever you think i'm still gonna get one this year,they look totally awesome.I know it'll be frustrating but when you get it running finally it'll be all the sweeter for it....good.gif

OK, thanks for the support! :)

have you done the obvious stuff??

like re-seated the crystals? - or even tried different crystals?

Yes I did, but no dice.

Took the crystals of the firestorm and put them in. It's really the combo tx/rx that is faulty.

Edited by Joe Tosh

I ain't in to no rock crawlin or nuttin, but I so gotta get me one o dem, yeah. All this snow and not a waterproof truck any where in my fleet! So frustrating, anyone got one? How good are they?

I ain't in to no rock crawlin or nuttin, but I so gotta get me one o dem, yeah. All this snow and not a waterproof truck any where in my fleet! So frustrating, anyone got one? How good are they?

Read the review that RC Universe did,they're awesome and totally multirole,probably the model of last year if you ask me,hi/lo range on gears,front and rear remote locking diffs and its based on the Revo,what more could one want,its a Traxxas dude,they're quality...wink.gif

RCU Summit review...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=1156

Read the review that RC Universe did,they're awesome and totally multirole,probably the model of last year if you ask me,hi/lo range on gears,front and rear remote locking diffs and its based on the Revo,what more could one want,its a Traxxas dude,they're quality...wink.gif

RCU Summit review...

http://www.rcunivers...article_id=1156

I've about

Nice one dude,they're back in in Feb so it'll give you time to put the rest aside.I love em,ever since they came out,I was sceptical at first but the looks just dismiss that doubt for me.A lot have fitted BL setups and they fly with those in em,40+ in high gear and still good for trail and crawling,i'm not really bothered about the top speed,its more for its go anywhere type role I want it for,run em anywhere and they're just so trick.Gonna go for the Red or Yellow one I think when its time...wink.gif

Nice one dude,they're back in in Feb so it'll give you time to put the rest aside.I love em,ever since they came out,I was sceptical at first but the looks just dismiss that doubt for me.A lot have fitted BL setups and they fly with those in em,40+ in high gear and still good for trail and crawling,i'm not really bothered about the top speed,its more for its go anywhere type role I want it for,run em anywhere and they're just so trick.Gonna go for the Red or Yellow one I think when its time...wink.gif

Yellow for me, no doubt. Shame they haven't installed a 4 channel Spektrum system though.

Yellow for me, no doubt. Shame they haven't installed a 4 channel Spektrum system though.

Yeah a spektrum system would be great but at least you can get thier own 2.4ghz system so you can solve the interferance problems!biggrin.gif

Yeah a spektrum system would be great but at least you can get thier own 2.4ghz system so you can solve the interferance problems!biggrin.gif

True, but that's more expense, I'll think about it.

Couldn't agree more.

The thing with my other RC's is often the same: spending endless time driving to find a good bashing spot. Or if you know one, driving to it just to find out it's full of puddles or dirt or something else that prohibits a fun drive.

This car? Just put it down anywhere (except a big parking lot :D ) and it's fun!! :good:

That concept was just so appealing to me!

Oh yeah, and to all you yellow-lovers: The pics on the net, and my pics too, they don't realistically represent the yellow. In reality it is slightly lighter, which to me was a bit of a deception.

Anyway, one day I'll put another shell on with a personal paint job :)