• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Super-Duper Recession Busting Bargain Thread

Garry

On 09/01/2018 at 14:39, bunnie said:

Own up! Who made them change the writing in the red :lol:

20180109_143813.jpg

Caved in and got one for £149, also got a 80a Charger.

At least this way I'll have a charger and a radio system should a 1/8th buggy/truggy roller come on offer :)

Going to pop to B&Q later and buy a non OTT (or RC Branded) tool kit.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 15:24, atom3624 said:

A friend is running one in an ARRMA Nero.  Not to jinx it but it's coping with 8s quite happily - not pushing it mind - only a 1350kv motor.  From when we looked at these as speed run esc's the general consensus seemed to be avoid, iirc, which fits in with most of my trackstar experience - Ie if you get a good one there fine, but they seem to have a high % of early failures.

5 hours ago, babylon said:

Seems like a good buy as I hear that they are a good truck, Has a Hobbywing ESC,  Nice looking motor and a 3S Lipo, Does look good, Well GearBest has the VKAR Bison for about £224 delivered from the UK Warehouse.

1511586303685930826.jpg

Otherwise known as the Helion Select 4 TR.  I've danced around having one awhile, my bite would be £200 for the newest version (vkar) with the max10sct esc and alloy chassis brace / skid.  They seem to be overgeared or under motor'd from the off.  I had the SCT version with 60a 3S for awhile - seemed a nicely put together truck yet a friend with the identical one hated it - said it broke more than a stock slash.  Another friend, a member here (Bombercounty nick) ran the helion version of the SCT and afaik liked it.

5 hours ago, babylon said:

Well, Looking at some of the feedback,  And only 24 quid in it.

7451094ADD0A6B4498CF4F7AFB78705D_640-480

BB412ECA9DF97C5C8D08634F3C27F473_640-480

Yours? I would but almost dropped cash on the berserkers truggy until one of my unicorn tv's came within reach so spent two and a bit berserkers on that instead.

• 2 weeks later...