• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rock crawler pictures.

TiM!

That's why you should never leave 3.5 year old boys with scissors near lexan... "But but dad.. I just wanted to make it look like mine!" he said and a good part of the front was lying shredded on the carpet.! So let there be "rat rod" and this is the starting of the transformation with a metal nosed Scout!

scout nose.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took the Wraith on it's maiden trail walk the other day - over 2 miles covered and just over an hour runtime from it's 4200 2s lipo. Very happy! :)

D6B00E1E-915A-4E6D-8DC2-79746BD5340B_zps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The evolution of my SCX10... not sure i can call it the same truck now but ive only ever had 1 :D

The day i got it (2nd hand)

DSCF2565_zpsdfbf2e0b.jpg

Few months after... Proline Silverado (think it was an eRevo shell)

20140120_200310_zps12350883.jpg

Few tweaks and Rock Beasts

DSCF2717_zpsdb592171.jpg

Body swap time... Clod Buster hard body

IMG_20141124_144639_zps1fc73dd7.jpg

Hacked the bed off... playing with fitment and ideas...

IMG_20141206_204258_zps794921f7.jpg

Paint...

20150322_170826_zpscqllkjni.jpg

Added the bed back into the equation but with a doved tail and a few customer tweaks...

image_zpshpwnswmj.jpg

After the install of a GSpeed LCG chassis and a few other upgrades the Clod body no longer worked / fit so a change was needed... insert Jeep G6

IMG_0407_zpshkno9uvi.jpg

Scale Nats last year

image_zpsvnlowdbf.jpeg

Thanks, Nige

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 13:40, Oh How Original said:

Liking those wheels, they look familiar, which ones are they? (last set you have on) @n_d_fox

Ive been really happy with them... suit most body styles. Decent weight to them as well... running zero weight in the rear wheels and only a tiny amount in the fronts now... had to run quite a bit with the Axial 8 holes.

Anyway, here a link to them - http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Raceline-Monster-19-Beadlock-Wheels_p_2791.html

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So this is my work in progress as its my first rock crawler. So slowly doing it up. Replaced the rear axle plastic parts the other night.  Fresh grease. Lovely. Did the front one last night. No grease at all. Completely dry. Not so good. So I gave it all a good clean.  Bit of oil in moving parts. Then loads of grease. Running Nice  now.  And the body is now ready for a Bit of paint. 

Edited by Hell horn.

8 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

So this is my work in progress as its my first rock crawler. So slowly doing it up. Replaced the rear axle plastic parts the other night.  Fresh grease. Lovely. Did the front one last night. No grease at all. Completely dry. Not so good. So I gave it all a good clean.  Bit of oil in moving parts. Then loads of grease. Running Nice  now.  And the body is now ready for a Bit of paint. 

P_20170824_181107_vHDR_Auto.jpg

This was mine :) Good to see it getting the attention it deserves, it's been a solid car for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

So lucky to have a place like that to go!

The course only opened at the weekend, up until now i've had nowhere to go at all!

At least you have the natural runs :) 

• 3 weeks later...