• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

4 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Gonna be totally honest here. Im an RC snob. Id never buy a WL Toys etc RC…. Im also far from tight,. however….

Ive grown appaled by the cost of wheels and tyres in particular for my RCs, Proline stuff is approaching 1:1 tyre money….

Ive recently broke/buckled a Proline Badland SC Tyre/Wheel at £38 pair, and blew two Arrma Backflips tyres within 5 minutes….. so I decided to replace the Badlands on my Slash with a set of 4 knock offs for £21 for 4 (as opposed to £76 for 4)

They seem very good to be honest….

m8Takmw.jpg

Genuinely interested to know how they get on in time 👍🏽 I once bought a set of Arrma Katars, never again. Great tyres but didn't last long.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Genuinely interested to know how they get on in time 👍🏽 I once bought a set of Arrma Katars, never again. Great tyres but didn't last long.

Aren’t the Katars ‘6s rated’? I almost got a set of these not so long ago, as fed up of the hyper shredding the cheap sets. What do you use for off road bashing?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Gonna be totally honest here. Im an RC snob. Id never buy a WL Toys etc RC…. Im also far from tight,. however….

Ive grown appaled by the cost of wheels and tyres in particular for my RCs, Proline stuff is approaching 1:1 tyre money….

Ive recently broke/buckled a Proline Badland SC Tyre/Wheel at £38 pair, and blew two Arrma Backflips tyres within 5 minutes….. so I decided to replace the Badlands on my Slash with a set of 4 knock offs for £21 for 4 (as opposed to £76 for 4)

They seem very good to be honest….

m8Takmw.jpg

At that price, it’s worth a stab! They certainly look the part.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Aren’t the Katars ‘6s rated’? I almost got a set of these not so long ago, as fed up of the hyper shredding the cheap sets. What do you use for off road bashing?

Because I'm an idiot I ran them on tarmac then realised I chewed up around 60% of the tread. They don't balloon much and grip super well. Trouble is retail is like £70 for them.

I use whatever my random internet friend on email sells me after a session of off road racing which tend to be Tyky Takas and Betas. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Because I'm an idiot I ran them on tarmac then realised I chewed up around 60% of the tread. They don't balloon much and grip super well. Trouble is retail is like £70 for them.

I use whatever my random internet friend on email sells me after a session of off road racing which tend to me Tyky Takas and Betas. 

Not an idiot, just didn’t know. I’d have likely done the same!
Yeah, I have seen the cost. But I’ve spent way more that that in total on cheaper wheels now, so am considering getting a set, but I’d stick to off roading with them! 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Not an idiot, just didn’t know. I’d have likely done the same!
Yeah, I have seen the cost. But I’ve spent way more that that in total on cheaper wheels now, so am considering getting a set, but I’d stick to off roading with them! 😉

I'm visiting a mate later this week, I think he might have some tyres to sell at humble rates. If so, I'll take a few sets and if you like, you can have a set at cost. 👍🏽 Are you tyres wearing evenly? 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

Got a couple of new battery packs to try out in the EMB-T. Need to swap the deans connector out on the 2900 mAh 2S pack though before I can do much with that one. 

99CDF52A-0E95-4D94-83CA-69FF6C6A0ACF.thumb.jpeg.cdcd1088e8189a440790028ccca2d4e4.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

I have a kit on order  but it is on a slow boat  so got this to keep me going.  also a couple of other bits

IMG_20210730_175405.jpg

IMG_20210730_175856.jpg

Did you manage to pick the truggy up second hand from somewhere?